Chapter 32

"Okay, but HAVE to admit my scenarios are really interesting to think about!" I scoffed.

"Luna, I'm sure if it snowed during a race they would just red flag it," George said.

"BUT what if it's like really light snow? Throw on some wet tyres and do a couple laps behind the safety car? You could totally establish a line safely like that, our tyres would melt the snow," I said.

"It would be too slippery and our tyres would get too cold," Lando pointed out.

"Hmmmmm..." I trailed off.

"Quali starts in 15 minutes, head over?" Alex asked.

"Yea, sure," I agreed, scooching back into my wheelchair and starting to wheel myself over, before George took over pushing me.

"Can't let you tire yourself out for Practice 2. We all know Practice 1 was super hard on ya," He laughed.

"Where are we gonna watch quali from?" I asked.

"Just figured we'd hang around the paddock club, we can head down to talk to the drivers after," George said.

"Sounds like a good plan," I agreed.

The four of us arrived at the paddock club, a few of the members excited to see us up there. We took pictures with a few of them and talked until Quali started. We sat next to a window overlooking the start/finish line and watched the large tv broadcasting the session.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Once the session was over, Alex wheeled me down to the garages. The boys split off to go talk to their old teams as Jack Aitken walked up to me.

"That was a pretty good Quali!" I told him.

"Eh, 7th. Nothing too exciting."

"Hey man it isn't 20th," I pointed out.

"Yea, that's valid," He laughed. "Nothing compared to the amazing start of the season Miss Luna Quinn has had."

"Ah yea, so amazing I got two fractures in my foot and ankle," I chuckled.

"And still performing to the best of your car's ability!" He said.

I laughed and he set his helmet down in the back of the garage.

"Wanna hang out for a little bit before your next session?" He asked.

"Yea, sure," I agreed.

"Cool cool. I have a quick debrief with the team, gimme 5 minutes?" He asked.

"Yea no prob," I said. He walked away and I talked with a couple other drivers while waiting for him. They were all interested in basically the differences between Formula 2 cars and Formula 1 cars.

"I have returned," Jack said, walking back to me.

"Cool cuz I had NO idea how I would go on if you didn't come back!" I said sarcastically.

"Har har," He fake laughed, wheeling me back towards the paddock club.

"I'll have like one hour to hang out," I informed him.

"That's fine," He said, leaving my chair next to a couch as he plopped down on it. "So what's going on with you and Lando?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Formula 2 and 3 you two were inseparable! Now it's like you two can't even be in the same room," He said. "I was wondering if it was finally my time to shine!" Jack laughed.