Prologue

Eliana heard a knock at her door. Her immediate reaction was to grab the rifle she had hidden under her bed. She could use her powers but her dad's voice ringing clear in her ears, "How do you know your powers are permanent?"

It was late at night and she was not expecting anyone to visit her. Maize was busy at the police station with the sheriff, Melissa was taking another double shift at the hospital, Scott and Stiles were having another game night, and Valarie and Reagan were at their respective houses.

Her grip on the gun tightens as she walks down the stairs and towards the entrance. Her eyes were locked on the door as she calmly asks, "Who is it?"

There was a momentary pause before she heard the deep, gravelly voice of her father. "It's me, Eli."

She couldn't trust that it was her father and not some type of shapeshifter, so she opens the door and demands, "Open your palm."

He rolls his eyes, but never the less complies. Eli presses her pendant against his palm and when she notices that he doesn't negatively react to the silver, she relaxes.

"Hi, Dad, " She responds before she opens the door wider and lets him into her home.

"Silver isn't the only thing that detects if I'm who I truly am, " He scolds her, instead of asking how she was doing as any normal parent would. Especially one who hasn't seen their child in over 9 months.

"What every daughter wants to hear, you didn't do it right. Wise words from John Winchester, " Eliana murmurs in annoyance.

She goes to put her gun against the wall. Her body posture immediately goes stiff like a statue as she stood like a soldier. Bad posture meant you were relaxed and being relaxed meant easy target. Her father made sure that she would never be an easy target.

John's back was faced towards her while he walked in the living room, and looked around to make sure there wasn't someone unexpected. He faced her and said, "Sam left for Stanford."

Her eyebrows scrunched together in confusion and she crossed her arms before asking, "And you let him?"

John's jaw clenched and he looked away from her eyes as he said, "He wanted a normal life, away from hunting. I told him he knew about the supernatural and he was taught to hunt; not to go to college and become some preppy student. It was either stay in the family business or leave and not come back."

Elianna dropped her arms and she clenched her fists while her nose flared in anger. "You kicked him out, " She growls in frustration and disbelief.

John's face grew red as he snarled, "No, I gave him a choice. He just chose wrong."

Elianna knew how her father could be: he was stubborn and hard-headed with the shoot first and ask questions later mentality. John losing the love of his life changed him from someone with compassion to a stone-cold killer with no sense of empathy. Deep down she knew he cared for her and her brothers; he just forgot that there were better ways of showing it. His idea of love was making them soldiers, so they could protect themselves. Instead of comic books, toy cars, or candy- he gave them guns, knives, and daily fighting routines, so they'd never be defenseless when he wasn't around. But kicking Sam out might have been one of the finest things she's ever seen him do.

Instead of continuing to argue with him- she understood that it would only end up with the cops being called by the neighbors for a loud disturbance- she let it go. She'd call Sam and Dean later to see if both of them were doing okay. She knew Sam was going to be out of it as he too inherited their father's stubbornness. In fact, she was more worried about Dean because he would be taking the separation the hardest. If anything Dean was more of a father to Sam then John ever was.

"Is that why you are here? To tell me that Sam left because you could have just called me."

John cleared his throat and said, "I'm closer then I've ever been to finding yellow eyes. And when I do, you can't be anywhere near it. You understand me?"

Eliana no longer felt anger but shock instead. Her whole life he's been going after Yellow Eyes. For 13 years he's kept looking for the one thing that changed the Winchester's lives forever. The demon that killed Mary Winchester.

"Are you sure?"

"I've never lied to you and you got to promise me that you won't be anywhere near the battle. That's an order. I won't take any chances on him taking you down under or your brothers finding out, " John stated with a cold glare. The one look he knew that could make his daughter flinch and immediately obey.

He hated knowing that Eli wasn't truly his daughter. She was but she wasn't. He'd never disown her but in the back of his mind, he knows that she only had Mary's blood and not his. Her true father's blood was evil and destroyer of humanity. She was too young to tell what parent she'd take after.

"They are going to have to know sometime."

John shook his head in refusal, "No, there would be too much at stake."

"Am I ever allowed to tell them?"

"Not if I can stop it. They have to be near certain death before you can reveal yourself to save them. You understand me?"

"Yes, sir."