Chapter 2

Eliana decided to use her morning run as an excuse to head over to Scott's house. She wanted to check up on him and she could always borrow Valarie's clothes. She jogs up to the door and knocks. "Hey, you know you have a key, right?" Valarie asks when she opens the door to let in her friend.

"Yes, but it would be rude to just walk in. The key is for emergencies," Eliana explains as she stops jogging in place and walks into the house.

"Fine, but that doesn't explain why you are here so early," Valarie questions after she shuts the door and crosses her arms over her chest.

Eli fumbles with her hands until she nibbles at the end of her thumb. Valarie swats her hand like a mother and gives her a stern glare. Eliana sighs in annoyance before she confesses, "Your brother might be a werewolf."

"What?" Valarie exclaims in shock before Eliana covers her mouth with her hand and pushes her against the wall.

Elianna shushes her and says, "Not so loud. He could hear you without realizing."

Valarie's eyebrows pinch together in frustration and anger as she whisper yells, "What do you mean my brother is a werewolf?"

Eliana laughs sheepishly at that and hesitantly answers, "Well, about that. You see, Stiles convinced us to go find another half of a dead body. His dad found him and not us, and when we were heading back home we were attacked by an Alpha. He got bit by it."

Valarie scoffs at that and sarcastically replies, "Gees when you put it that way, how could I be worried?"

Eli winces but replies, "I know and we can talk about this later, but I need to make sure Scott doesn't take that bandage off until I tell him."

"Which is when?"

"After school-" Eli could sense another protest about to form, but she raises her finger to stop her friend from arguing. "Practice is today. He's been struggling as it is. After school when all is clear then we'll lay it on him. I promise."

Valarie huffs in irritation but ultimately agrees. She knew how much her younger brother was looking forward to today. He wanted to make first-line so bad. He's been practicing all summer and winter break to prove that he could play during the games instead of bench-warming.

"Fine but not a day later," She scolds and Eli smiles in appreciation.

"I'm using your shower and borrowing your clothes too, bye," Eliana quickly says and kisses her to the cheek before running up the stairs to Scott's room, so her friend didn't have the chance to protest.

When she walks towards Scott's room she finds him sound asleep. It wasn't a surprise since Scott was a deep sleeper. Oh, how she wishes she could sleep as soundly as her friend. Eli smirks playfully when an idea forms in her head.

She sprints forward and jumps on top of Scott. The boy screams in fright and slight discomfort when he awakes due to the impact. She began tickling him and he laughs automatically.

"Eli, stop, stop, Eli, please, stop," He giggles as he tries to pry off her fingers from his body.

She stops and laughs at that state of her friend. He was now wide awake which meant her plan worked perfectly. "Scotty! Today is the first-line day," She exclaims in excitement and she sees his eyes widen in shock.

He fumbles out of bed in his quick attempt to leave the confines of it, but his legs became tangled within the sheets and he crashed to the floor with a loud thud. "Ow," He moans in pain.

She winces at the sound of his impact and looked over the edge of the bed to see him face down against the floor. "You okay there Scotty?" She questions in concern and his only response was a thumbs up.