Aishi tradition

"Oh dear! I've cut my finger by accident." A women exclaimed.

"Oh Ayano honey, can you clean up this blood?" She continued encouragingly.

A small girl emerged from the living room which was next to the kitchen. She grabbed a rag and started to wipe up the blood from the counter.

"Now honey, let me teach you an important lesson." The sadistic women took the rag from the girl and lifted her finger, "the best way to remove blood is with hydrogen peroxide."

This was a scene that played in Ayano's mind occasionally. Of course, Ayano knew exactly what her mother's intentions were even as a small child.

It was to keep the tradition going.

The Aishi family was one built on a strict pattern after all. Each new generation giving birth to one child, that child being born emotionless. With each upbringing, that child would be raised a murderer, and her mother intended the same.

(Un)fortunately, Ayano had met most of the criteria. She was born emotionless, and she found someone to admire. She truly had started going down the same path as every Aishi had.

So now, her parents had gone overseas, and she knew precisely why. This was that sadistic women's way of letting Ayano finish her already written "fate". To completely pursue the one that made her feel and claim him as hers.

It was the start of another day, colorless until she got to gaze upon the one she felt for. She quickly got ready and hopped onto her old rusty red bike. Her hair was carried by the wind as she pick up momentum, and she was off. The sun had only risen just a couple hours ago, yet students were already filling the courtyard. Ayano's monotone eyes landed on the open school gates and she parked her bike. She walked down and into the building to change her shoes.

"Have you heard about Osana?"

"What?"

"I heard she's finally confessing this Friday."

"No way...."

The student's conversation faded away as Ayano's thoughts were drowned by one simple sentence.

"I heard she's finally confessing this Friday"

Ayano's heart immediately sank. She has never encountered this situation before. What does she do? How does she stop this? That's when the memory of her mom replayed in her mind.

"Do I have to......kill?" Ayano asked herself. Was this really happening? Was her destiny about to unfold?

The image of that woman with a knife and bloodied finger was plastered all over Ayano's mind. She wasn't sure how to go about this. Was she supposed to be angry and start plotting some plan for Osana's murder? While Ayano was upset at the situation and wanted to somehow separate Osana from Taro, another image app in her mind.

Again, a sadistic women, this time completely filled with blood as a body lay on a cold concrete floor, was none other than herself. She would become that malicious being, no better than her own mother.

The thought almost made the monotone Ayano shiver.

However, she shook her head and exhaled her breath, taking all her thoughts along with it. She finished changing her shoes and went out into the courtyard, where her beloved Taro sat beside the fountain. She was filled with a sense of desire, just gazing at him gave her a longing for more.

More "feeling".

Unfortunately for her, everything had come to a halt, as she was interrupted by a certain twin tailed girl.

"Oh Aishi-San! I'm so sorry to ask you a favor so abruptly, but I totally forgot to grab the tray of biscuits beside the fridge in the cooking club. I want to pass out these cookies we made while they're still hot and fresh out the oven, and I'm afraid the rest of my group are getting the new baking club costumes, so could you get it for me?" Kokona said hurriedly, almost barfing our all her words.

Even though Kokona often spilled out information in one fast flash, Ayano understood and accepted the task. She had been trying to build up some trust with Kokona anyways. Besides, it seemed Taro went off to put something away.

Ayano quickly went over to the baking club room. It was always easy to spot, the entire room was decorated in frilly pink. She walked into the kitchen and saw the biscuit tray next to the fridge as Kokona said. Ayano walked up to the tray and noticed the knife rack behind it.

She stared at the arrangement of knives, reminding her of her mother's own collection. As her hand hovered over the rack, Ayano hesitantly grabbed the smallest one and put it into her shirt pocket. She then continued to pick up the tray full of baked goods with both hands. As she walked down the seemingly endless hallway, she felt the weight of the small blade in her skirt pocket with every step, as if trying to remind  her that it was always there when she needed it.

Ayano finally reached the sunny courtyard and walked up to Kokona in an attempt to hand her the tray. Of course, this didn't work. Kokona still had a tray half full of chocolate ship cookies in her hands.

"Thank you Ayano! I still haven't passed out all the cookies yet, do you mind giving the students the biscuits?" Kokona asked with a flushed yet grateful face.

Ayano replies with a simple nod, she knew it would be a chance to boost her reputation. 

She went from student to student, offering each of them one. After a couple of minutes, she had given all but one away. She stared at the lone biscuit, and then at the pigtailed girl who would confess to her beloved on Friday. Ideas Of poisoning the treat flooded every corner of Ayano's mind. She could use something that would only take full effect later, making it harder to tie any suspicion toward her in the case of Osana Najimi's death.

However, Ayano's thoughts were soon interrupted again.

"Wow this looks really good!" A tall boy with black hair and headband exclaimed, picking up one  of the delectables.

Taken slightly by surprise, Ayano looked up at the boy to meet his optimistic eyes, something that she had never once possessed.

"Are you handing these out?" He continued with a bright smile.

Ayano nodded her head and he stuffed the biscuit into his mouth. "He's wayyy too optimistic." She thought.

Her plans were ruined by that boy. But, she somehow felt a little relieved.

"I haven't seen you around before, I'm Budo Masuta, martial arts club leader."