Wednesday (night)

Budo had an uncontrollable smile on his face as Ayano walked beside him. Occasionally, Ayano glanced up at Budo to be met with a  stupid grin, and she herself would slightly smirk too. The  two walked in silence until Budo decided to speak, "My family is a little overwhelming at first, but I think you'll like them." He stated simply. 

"Overwhelming?" Ayano repeated.

"I have a mom and four siblings, all of which can be a little too...enthusiastic."

"So.....like you?"

Budo chuckled at Ayano's small remark, taking no offense whatsoever.

"Basically." He finally answered still grinning.

"I'm sure they'll be fine." Ayano replied blankly, allowing Budo to feel a bit relieved.

After a few minutes of chatting, the duo finally arrived at the Masuta residence. Budo lightly approached the red wooden door, he turned the knob slowly and was met with a barrage of greetings,

"Welcome back Budo~!" His mother called loudly from the kitchen, making her way to the entrance. Ms. Masuta tackled him with a hug, excited from his arrival. Shyly, Ayano swung open the door revealing herself, and stared up at Ms. Masuta with a nervous look.

"Oh my..." Ms. Masuta muttered, with a smile creeping upon her face, "Looks like we have a guest!" She exclaimed.

Chiyo tiredly stumbled in, her gaze in her mother, "Whats going on?" She asked a little lethargic.

"Budo has brought a girl home~" Ms. Masuta sang. Chiyo chuckled and looked over to Budo with a teasing face.

"Mom," Budo paused, "this is the friend you told me to invite over."

Ms. Masuta lit up, as if a lightbulb went off inside her, "Oh yes!" She shouted, turning over to her house guest, "What would your name be, dear?" She finally asked

"Ayano." 

"Wonderful, why don't you come inside then?" Cheerily stepping aside, Ms. Masuta went back to the kitchen to check on the food.

Ayano stepped inside and was met with a vibrant aroma that filled the house. Budo and Chiyo sat her at the dining table, along with the others.

Budo took a seat next to Ayano and introduced everyone, "Everyone, this is my friend, Ayano. Ayano, this is Minoru (eldest), Kaito (second eldest), Chiyo (second youngest), and Sakura, the youngest."

Ayano stared back at the four of them blankly as they smiled at her, "I still can't believe you have four siblings..." she whispered.

Budo chuckled at her comment and whispered back, "why don't you try talking to them?"

But before Ayano could say anything, Kaito began to ask questions, "Are you a second-year Ayano?"

"Yes," she added, "I transferred this year."

Kaito shook his head and looked at Budo with a smirk, "Bringing a sophomore Budo? Honestly, I thought you had more decency." 

Budo rolled his eyes, "Be quiet."

Suddenly, a clank could be heard from the kitchen followed by a small yell. Ms. Masuta came into the dining room with a bloodied finger, looking for something to wipe it with.

Chiyo stood up from her seat, "Oh, mom—"

Ayano quickly got up and cut Chiyo off, "let's go to the sink and rinse it first."

Ms. Masuta rinsed off her finger and Ayano bandaged it. "I got blood all over the place.." She stared sadly. 

"No worries, do you have hydrogen peroxide?" Ayano asked, that memory of her mother playing in her mind.

Ms. Masuta nodded, getting a black bottle from the cabinet. Ayano swiftly and effectively removed the blood, just as her mom taught her all those years ago.

"Oh thank you so much! You didn't have to do that." Ms. Masuta exclaimed, gently hugging Ayano.

"It's not a big deal..." Ayano felt a small smile creep onto her face; it felt natural and unnatural simultaneously.