Wednesday (night) Part 2

Ayano was given a warm welcome into the Masuta home. The sight before Budo was just like he had imagined, it was almost frame perfect.

"Are you in any clubs, Ayano?" Ms Masuta asked.

"I usually jump from club to club when my hobby changes, but I'm currently in the cooking club." Ayano answered, careful of her word choice.

Budo chimed in, "You should try out the martial arts club sometime, we're always accepting new members!"

Ayano shook her head and smirked, "I'm good."

Chiyo started laughing, "No sensible person would join you club, Budo"

Budo frowned, "I thought you were going be in the martial arts club once you started going academi"

"When did I say that?" Chiyo furrowed her brow, still giggling.

"I assumed..." Budo said weakly, causing everyone to laugh.

When everyone was finished with dinner, Ayano began to head for the door, "Wait!" She heard Budo call out to her, "are you leaving already?" Ayano turned to him, "I have to go now, tell everyone goodbye for me." Budo wanted to say something, but she already went out the door.

I wonder if she had fun, he wondered.

Ayano sighed as she closed the door behind her; without realizing it, her face wore a small smile.  As she walked down the street, she felt her phone buzz within her pocket. A message from Info Chan popped up in her screen, "Meet me in the roof tomorrow after school. It's about Osana."

•••

Budo trudged towards the kitchen to help out with dishes. Ms. Masuta glances over to him with surprised eyes, "You're not walking her home?"

Budo casually shook his head, "Why?"

"It's dark outside," Ms. Masuta muttered, "she doesn't look very strong, it might be dangerous."

 Budo felt himself mentally facepalm, wondering if he could still catch up to her.

But he swept away the thought, "She'll be fine, we live in the same neighborhood."

•••

Ayano put away her phone; she heard footsteps approaching her from behind. When the footsteps came to a stop, she asked "what do you want?" The shadowy figure came from behind and stood next to her under the streetlight, revealing himself to be a delinquent, "Aishi, correct?" 

Ayano turned to him and nodded,, wanting to get straight to the point.

The delinquent took a step closer, "Info Chan told me to guard you at school till Friday, thought I'd tell you Incase she didn't."

"Guard me? Why would I need that?" Ayano asked, taking a step away from the delinquent.

"Look princess, I don't know any details, I just got orders. You better follow along."

Ayano muttered, "what a pain." She walked away, annoyed with Info Chan.