Chapter 3

Plip..

Plip..

Plip..

Plip.

A soft groan, laced with drowsiness and pain, echoed in a dark room. Slowly, pale lids opened with great effort, revealing a pair of bright blue orbs. Chuuya blinked to adjust his blurry eyesight, but it was pointless as there was no light to help him do so in the first place. He winced, grimacing; his head hurt like hell. Great, what more could he ask for? Softly cussing, he made a move to rub the sleepiness off his eyes and stretch his asleep legs. Clink. His limbs met resistance. What the fuck? He gave another hard tug. The same pitched sound repeated. Nothing. He couldn't move. Holy shit, he couldn't move. Breath rate accelerated, heart raced, now fully lucid. Flashes of the previous night's events played mockingly in the back of his head, bathing him with a reality he'd only thought possible in movies. That's right, he'd been kidnapped. " F-fuck...," was all he could muster. What should he do in this kind of situation? Struggle? Scream? Would anyone even hear or care in the first place?

What should he do... What should he do... What should he do?!

He let out a shaky sigh, vainly trying to calm himself down so he could think as rationally as he could. "Okay, what do people in movies do in these situations?" he mumbled, brows drawn together in visible frustration. Try to escape, that's for sure. Blue eyes scanned his surroundings, carton boxes of various sizes were all he could make out from a strip of light that came from a metal door across him. Obviously there wouldn't be anything of help. Chuuya felt stupid for hoping there'd be something in here. So escaping would be impossible for the moment, the thought evoked a jumble of emotions that settled heavily upon him, especially his poor stomach which rolled uncomfortably with bile. He shut his eyes. He didn't want to lose whatever bits of his composure he'd mustered up vanish so quickly. Sighing for what felt like the umpteenth time, Chuuya repeated the same question; what should he do?

Speaking of questions... Just where the freaking hell he was anyway?

Seconds turned into minutes, but the redhead still failed to find a proper or logical answer to his own question. The pitter-patter intervened with his concentration (at least that's what he told himself), and in frustration he thrust his head back. Instead of a wall, he collided with something much more flexible, soft even. Craning his stiff neck, he recognized the object as one of the many mundane-looking boxes, and curiously pressed his body against it. Thump, thump. " Huh...," he furrowed his eyebrows, this time pushing himself a little harder. Maybe if he understood what was inside them it'd give him a sense of where he was held. Crack. " Ah shit," he choked out in a raspy voice, freezing on spot. Judging from the sound, whatever was inside must be made out of either glass or porcelain. If his assumption was correct this could be some kind of storage room – a warehouse maybe- that was abandoned as it was dump and had a rancid smell hanging in the air. Chuuya's lids shrank in apprehension, body shifting so that he laid comfortably on the box. He really hoped he hadn't broken it, because from what he could tell, everything in this room was expensive. Too expensive, he mused. Whoever these people were, they most likely transported illegal cargo off to the black market.

Fun-fucking-tastic. Couldn't this get any better?

As though on cue the door creaked open so loud it hurt his ears, and he instinctively flinched. Squinting from the sudden burst of light Chuuya managed to make out two figures standing on the other side of the door. Their burly frames and overly arrogant posture led him to assume they were both males, obviously not to be messed with. Looks like lady luck wasn't on his side today either. " Bring item A5158, " a gruff masculine voice boomed in the cramped storage room. The other standing on his right hummed lowly, gave a brief nod and stalked his shackled form. " Fuck off!" Chuuya gritted, looking much like a cornered animal with his back pressed firmly on the box behind him. But in his case he looked more like a pitiful puppy rather than a wild beast he so wished to appear. Despite his aggressive exterior his inner self was panicking, hoping for some ridiculous miracle that somehow, a portal would open and suck him in, away from that scary looking man, away from this terrible place. In reality though, no portal opened and no person disappeared.