Chapter four

The day I had found out my sister was not oh so straight must've been one of the funniest days in my life.

You see she was only two years younger than me. And while I had discovered my sexuality by falling in love with another girl, kissing her and realizing that I preferred her soft lips and body over any man's, my sister discovered without meeting another person and probably way later than I had already known about her.

It had been a sunny day. I had just gotten back home from a sleepover at my friend's.

I slowed down my car and pulled the steering wheel to the left, pulling the car into my parking lot.
The night over at Susanne's had been long. Funny but exhausting. Susanne was a lively young woman, only a year older but 10 centimeters smaller than me. Her red hair really stood out in a crowd and back then probably everyone in our school had known her name. Because even though she was quite short with her 1,54 m she had a huge personality and a bright – and to many people alluring – vibrancy.
To me Susanne was only a friend though. A very good one. Yes, maybe even my best friend. If I had something like a best friend.

Over at Susanne's we had been talking for hours. The topics I cannot even name. We always talked a lot. But this night we had talked even longer and more intense then we usually did.
Now that we both were starting with university and she was about to move away we knew we had little time left with each other. Munich was far away from Frankfurt and none of us would have enough money to take a plane and just fly over for a visit every now and then. We would have to survive a long time without seeing each other.
Sure, Skype was a thing but seeing someone you love on a computer is so different from physically being with them. You could have the best technology but as long as it's not able to transfer the other person's aura, their body heat and the energy in the air, using skype is not comparable to being with each other in any way.

But yes, still better than not being able to have contact at all. Yet I would miss Susanne a lot.

Shaking away these sad thoughts and the tears that threatened to form in my eyes, I left my car and walked over to my parent's house.
It was early in the morning, maybe around 8 am, and while I expected my parent's to still be asleep, I sneaked my way into the house, opening and closing the front door as quiet as I could. I didn't want any more confrontations with them than I already had.

As soon as I set foot into the hallway I could hear faint moans. A silent laugh crept onto my lips when I was assuming who this could be and what was probably happening.
Even more careful to not make any sound, I tiptoed nearer to her room, wanting to give her a little shock when I would catch her literally in the act.

I crept around the corner of the hallway and inched closer to her door. It was hard to hold in my laugh, I was just so anticipated to see her shocked expression.

You must know I love my sister to death, and only in a normal sister-sister-love way, not the slightest would I ever have sexual or romantic thoughts about my little sister. So I don't want you to misunderstand me, when I say I was excited to hear her moan and see her expression when she would see me in her doorway. My excitement was only due to the fact that we loved to make fun of each other and catching my sister having sex or watching porn would be awesome making-fun-of-material.

When I finally reached the door and pressed down the handle, I heard the moans stop in shock. Opening the door I saw her hastily closing her laptop which then lead to her trying to explain to me how she had only been doing some research, with her hand still under her blanket and her voice still heavy.

I just shook my head and left her room laughing but not without assuring her that I would neither tell our parents nor make too much fun of her.
The latter was really hard to stick to though and I must admit I might have broken that promise a few times.

Like I had said, our parent's had been fools thinking she was straight, not seeing the way she too looked at women when we would watch a movie together. Or the shine in her eyes when I would mention my girlfriend – although that was rarely because my parents would always interrupt me once I would start talking about anything related to my "abnormal" sexuality.