3. jayden

"... send this to everyone in your contacts. Let's get this banger lit and start the year off right."

"Nope. I said I ain't going."

Jayden looked up from the text a teammate sent in their groupchat and at his roommate, Gio. They were sitting in the mess hall. "Dawg..."

"You know I don't fuck with him." he told him. Jayden did know.

Giovanni and KJ were sworn enemies since their freshman year. All three of them were part of the football team and KJ and Gio were both so prideful and competitive they butted heads since the beginning. They kept it civil for the sake of the sport– sometimes– but other than that, they didn't even occupy the same space if not necessary.

Jayden thought the reason they clashed so much was because they had a lot in common and were more alike than they thought but if either of the two heard that, they'd get heated.

He sighed at the boy beside him. "Yo, it's junior year, yall gotta get over that shit."

"Fuck that nigga."

"Aight." Jayden sighed. He started twisting his hair in one hand and typing on his phone with the other. He sent a text to his best friend, Lacey.

You going to the party?

He and Lacey had been best friends since high school and continued their friendship at Kingston. Jayden looked at her as a little sister despite Lacey being older.

Less than two minutes later, he got a reply.

Yea. I'll meet you there

Bet