6. lacey

Lacey looked up from her phone and out into the crowd. When she didn't spot Jayden she texted him again.

Wya. I just walked in, I'm by the door.

He responded.

Stay right there. Imma come to u

She stood off to the side so people could come through and watched everyone. Being a senior, she couldn't tell you how many college parties she went to during her four years attending Kingston. All she could say is that since her sophomore year, she enjoyed each one with her best friend.

Before Jayden came to Kingston, Lacey only went to a couple parties her freshman year with her roommate. Once Jayden arrived though, they hit up every single party they could get to.

He definitely made sure she had the full college experience.

Layla tucked her phone in her back pocket and crossed her arms, surveying the place. This wasn't the first time she's been here. Since her second year Jayden has dragged her to his teammate's– whose name she learned was KJ– party. At first she complained because she didn't want to waste her time at a freshman party, but it actually turned out to be cool and all years started attending.

"Hey."

She turned around expecting her best friend but instead was met by a boy with an impressively white smile.

Unfortunately, his aura screamed 'fuckboy'.

Shit. Where is Jayden? she thought.

She smiled at the guy. "Hi."

Obviously nice-smile-fuckboy took that as a green light. His grin grew. "So, I saw this pretty girl across the room and had to come see what's up."

Lacey internally cringed.

"I'm Dorian."

She opened her mouth to introduce herself but just then, Jayden swooped in.

"Ayee, Lacey!" He pulled her into a hug. "You smell good."

She laughed. "Thanks."

Jayden released her and noticed the boy that was speaking to her. "Aw shit," he looked back at Lacey. "My bad, I ain't know you was tryna get some di-"

"Okayyy," she interrupted before he could embarrass her further. "Let's not."

"Wait, aint you KJ cousin?" Jayden asked Dorian.

"Yeah." he said. "This your girl?"

"Nah, this my homie."

Dorian nodded and turned back to Lacey, charm on a thousand. "Well, Lacey, can I get your number? Take you out sometime?"

She licked her lips. It wasn't that she wasn't flattered, she just didn't know how to handle it when a guy hit on her. And it happened a lot. And she turned them down a lot. She was always more focused on school and work than boys. Most of them weren't boyfriend material for her anyway, including this one.

"I'm sorry..." she shifted uncomfortably. She looked to Jayden to save her.

"Next time, bro." He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and walked off. He knew how flustered she got when any attention was on her.

Lacey sighed. "I need a drink."