4. keisha

"We gotta go." Keisha said, looking through her clothes in her closet.

Grace popped down onto her bed and looked at her in distress. "Girl, we were not invited."

Keisha turned towards her. "Yes we was." She gestured to Grace's phone which was opened to the text she received a couple hours ago from the guy they hit earlier. It was an invite to a party he's hosting at his place tonight.

"He probably sent it on accident. It look like a message you send to a group."

"Either way," Her friend told her. "We're going. We got the message, intentional or not, and we're showing up. Apparently everybody goes to this thing."

Grace looked at her funny. "How would you know?"

Keisha raised her brows and smirked. "Sis, you aint the only person I talk to." She turned back to her clothes and finally picked out a green bodycon dress.

Grace rolled her eyes.

"You need to get out there anyway. You never wanna go out or meet new people. How many events you been to so far?" Keisha asked Grace.

The girl crossed her arms. "I'm not go-"

"Please? For your best friend?"

"Keisha..."

Keisha poked out my bottom lip for effect.

"That look is not gonna work on me." Grace laughed. "But alright, I'll go."

Keisha cheered and ran over to Grace's side of the room. She looked into her closet and grabbed a red mini dress that caught her eye and felt the material. "Ooh, velvet." She turned to Grace with a smirk.

Her friend immediately shook her head and started towards her. "Uh-uh. I'm not wearing that."

"Why do you even have it then? You should wear it, it's mad cute."

"I'll wear it eventually." she argued. "Just not now. I'll wear what I got on already."

Knowing Grace, the dress will probably stay in her closet forever without ever being worn.

Out of the two of them, Keisha was always the more outgoing and confident. She was shy and afraid to be daring. Grace has always been timid and self- conscious and Keisha hated it. Keisha wish she knew how great of a person she was and how beautiful she looked.

Keisha gave her a break. "Alright. Atleast change your shirt though."

Grace looked down at her biker shorts and oversized t-shirt. Before she could protest, Keisha pulled a loose crop top off a hanger and held it out to her.

She hesitated.

"Grace, you're a baddie and you got a nice ass body. Don't be scared to show it off a little."

Grace smiled and took the shirt.

"Okay, let's get ready." Keisha grinned. She looked at her best friend like a proud mom. "Aww, my baby's first college party."