Questions

Izuku and his friends, Uraraka and Iida were walking home, ready for a well-deserved weekend. "My brother is off duty this weekend, so our dad is taking us on a trip" Iida said. "That sounds nice. My dad is free this weekend. It has been ages since he has relaxed and spent time with me and mom" Uraraka said. "What about you Deku? Maybe you will spend some time with your dad as well?" She asked. "W-well, you see..." Izuku stuttered, earning confused looks from his friends. "I-I have never really known my dad" He replied. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable Deku" Uraraka apologized. "You don't need to feel sorry, you didn't know. He left me and mom when I was very young, so I have no memory of him either way" Izuku said. The three friends then continued walking, moving to other topics.

As Izuku neared his home he couldn't quite shake off the questions he had about his father. "Who was he? How was he like as a person? Why did he leave?" Those questions kept lurking in his mind, and unbeknownst to Izuku, he started muttering out his thoughts out loud. He even continued when he entered the apartment. His mother, Inko was about to call him out on it, until she heard what he was muttering about.

"Izuku?" Inko asked, pulling Izuku out of his thoughts. "Sorry, I got lost in my thoughts" He nervously chuckled. "Are you thinking about Hisashi?" Inko asked. Izuku's expression dropped slightly as he sighed. "Yes. My friends were talking about their fathers and the topic came up and I haven't quite been able to let it go" He replied. "If it would help, I could tell you what I know about him" Inko offered. "Are you sure mom? You don't have to if it makes you uncomfortable" Izuku said. "No Izuku. I have the right to know and I should have told you sooner. Come, I'll show you" She said and walked into her bedroom and opened a closet.

Inko searched the closet for a few seconds before pulling out a cardboard box. "Here it is" She said and started carrying it to the living room. "I can carry it for you" Izuku offered. "It's not that heavy, I can carry it" Inko replied and placed the box on the living room table and slowly opened it. "Your father never liked being photographed, but..." Inko said and pulled out a framed picture. "I managed to get one picture of him while he was busy" She said and handed the picture over to Izuku.

Izuku took a long look at the photograph, trying to memorize every detail. It showed his father, Hisashi. A man with black, curly, unruly hair and wearing a suit. Hisashi was reading a book while relaxing in a chair with a fond smile, unaware to the picture being taken. "Why didn't he like being taken picture of?" Izuku asked. "I don't know, he never gave a real answer. If you asked him ten times you would get 10 different answers" Inko replied "However, he really liked taking pictures and recording videos himself" She added and pulled a camera recorder out of the box and handed it to Izuku, who turned it on.

A video started playing as the camera was taken through the apartment with Inko yelling in the background. "Hurry up! Get the camera!" Inko yelled. "It's already on!" Hisashi replied as he entered the living room. The camera then quickly panned from looking at Inko to focusing on a very young Izuku slowly walking across the floor. "Look Hisashi, Izuku's first steps" Inko said. Hisashi let out a fond laughter got close up to the young Izuku as he sat back down. "Who is daddy's big boy" Hisashi cooed as his arm entered the frame to pick up his son. "Papa" Izuku spluttered out and started laughing with a huge grin as Hisashi lifted him up and spun him around. "That's my boy!" Hisashi exclaimed before the video ended.

Izuku took a moment to collect himself once the video ended as small tears started forming. "How was he as a person? Was he nice?" Izuku asked. "Oh, he was the nicest person I have ever known, and he loved you so much. He said that you were the best thing that happened to him, and his greatest gift to the world. Never once did he doubt that you were destined for greatness. He always looked after you and me, making sure that we were safe and happy. Sometimes he could even be a bit paranoid. He also really knew how to make me laugh even on the worst of days. But sometimes, he would end up just sitting quietly in his chair, staring at nothing but air. And when he did that, his eyes looked so much older than he was, like they were a hundred years old" Inko replied with a fond smile.

"If he loved us so much, then why did he leave?" Izuku asked. "I'm sorry, but I don't know. He said that we wouldn't be safe anymore if he stayed. You were three years old then" Inko replied. "But he still takes care of us. You see, the first Friday, every month, I get one letter from him" Inko said and pulled out a pile of letters. "Each letter contains one check with the money we need and a message from him. It's signed by him and it is his writing so I'm sure that he is out there, somewhere, still taking care of us, watching over us" She said with a sad smile. "You can take the box. I have already seen everything in it" Inko said and put all the objects back into the box. "Take good care of it" She said. "I will" Izuku replied.

A few days later, Izuku was relaxing at the UA campus by himself. He was watching more of the videos Hisashi recorded, when a slightly upset All Might suddenly appeared. "All Might? You look upset" Izuku said in surprise. "Oh, it's just you young Midoriya" All Might said and reverted to his true form. "What are you watching? That man sounded familiar" He asked. "It's some old videos my dad recorded while he still was around" Izuku answered "Did you know him?" He quickly added, hoping to find out more about his father. "I'm not sure. What's his name?" All Might asked. "Hisashi. Hisashi Midoriya. I don't have the picture of him on me, but he had the same hair as me, just black and he liked wearing suits apparently" Izuku replied expectantly. "Sorry, he sounds familiar like I should know who, but I can't remember it right now. Maybe he was someone I saved that made some impact on me" All Might said. "I won't disturb you anymore, you have a sports festival to prepare for and a quirk to control. Bye young Midoriya" He said. "Goodbye All Might" Izuku responded and waved off the hero.

Once All Might left Izuku pulled out a stack of Hisashi's letters and started reading through them. That was until he noticed something odd with one of the letters. "Wait, this isn't Dad's handwriting and the writing style has changed" Izuku said to himself. "April six years ago. What happened?" He wondered as he sifted through the following letters, all of them with another person's handwriting. After looking through eight more letters he found one that was written by Hisashi. "This is him again, but it's like he wrote it while recovering from something" Izuku mumbled and sifted through the next few letters. "He was recovering, each letter is getting better until they are back to normal. He must have suffered some severe injury to his hands, but how? Did he get hurt during work?" Izuku wondered.

A/N: Another new fanfic, something I have had as an idea for a few months now. It isn't near the length of my other ones and will probably just be a few more chapters were Izuku learns more about his father. As you can guess from the fact that Iida's brother is still working, this chapter takes place before the vs. Stain arc. The next chapter will take place shortly after the provisional license exam. Anyways, I hope you're all having a wonderful day. Goodbye.