35. It All Goes

Mary looked at her small family, a family she had found and built in the span of four years and before

Mary looked at her small family, a family she had found and built in the span of four years and before. She stood up from Fury's side, her fractured arm in a sling, and a bandage on her forehead along with bandages wrapped around her shoulder and torso. All she was wearing was a white wife beater shirt and black sweatpants along with black converse. She had also cut her long dark brunette hair when she and Fury went into hiding. Her hair now came to just above her shoulders.

"Mama?" Becca questions, her bright blue eyes clouding over with tears, she was sure she'd never see her Mama again. Steve held onto his niece as he stood in place, frozen as he saw his sister after watching her flatline.

Mary nods, "Yes baby, i'm here." She tells her daughter, who then rubs to her, carefully wrapping her arms around her mother, "I promise i'm never leaving again." Mary murmurs into her daughter's hair as she kisses her temple.

Steve wraps his arms around both his girls, not being able to stop smiling, "Never do that again, Mary. Never again." He whispers, tears streaming down his face as his sister nods.

"I never plan on needing to fake my own death again." Mary murmurs, smiling at them, kissing her brother's cheek as she stands back up with them, smiling at Sam and Natasha, "Hi wings." She teases Sam.

"Hi shortstack." Sam teases back, "That wasn't cool, faking your death, you really scared me." He adds as he hugs her briefly. Mary nods slowly at her friend.

"I'm sorry for scaring you all like that, but Nick said it was the only way to make sure that whoever was hunting us would leave us alone." She states as she goes back over to Fury, Becca not far behind from her mother, not wanting to be away from her again.

"Dr. Fine, can you take care of Nat? I'm still fixing Nick's bandages." Mary asks the other doctor, he nods and sits down next to Natasha, starting to apply pressure onto her wound.

Becca looks between everyone, sitting down next to her mother, smiling at her, "Can I help, Mama?" She asks softly.

Mary glances at Becca, nodding, "You can hand me the supplies." She states, making her daughter grin in return. The teenager nods, eagerly standing up and looking around for the supplies her Mama will need.

Steve looks at Fury, "What exactly happened to you?" He asks the director.

Mary looks at her brother then back at her friend, nodding, "We've been over this multiple times, Nick. I know you remember everything."

Fury nods slowly, "Well let's see, lacerated spinal column, cracked sternum, shattered collarbone, perforated liver, and one hell of a headache." Fury lists off.

"Don't forget your collapsed lung." Mary points out.

Fury nods, "O, let's not forget that. Otherwise I'm good."

Mary turns to look at them, "I had a fractured arm, two decent size bullet wounds in my shoulder and stomach, bruised ribs, a cracked rid actually, and lots of bruises." She lists off her own injuries, causing everyone in the room to look down at the floor.