Chapter 1: Identification

Take a deep breath. Feel your chest slowly expand, then slowly drop. Through this chapter I want you to remember to breathe. Acknowledge your breathing patterns.

It is an instinct to breathe.

Through your day you feel many things, that is not dependent on if you're having a good day or a bad day. You will always feel, no matter what.

Like breathing, feeling is an instinct.

Acknowledge the fact that you can feel. When you do, it will make understanding them a whole lot easier. That's what we want, right? We want everything to be easy. Make this easier on yourself, you can feel.

If you perhaps think feelings will invalidate your strength then you are a hypocrite. You feel invalidated, invalidation is an emotion along with strength. You are a hypocrite, does that offend you? Are you feeling offended? If so, you are a damn hypocrite.

You see, every situation ties back into emotions. They are the control panel of your actions, everything you do is based on emotion. You can try and disagree with me but there no use, because it's the truth. You can't deny the truth, or won't make it go away. No matter how many times you deny the facts, it won't change them. Facts stay constant.

Now that we've covered the basic facts let's dive in to the identification process. Throughout your day you will feel an array of things at different intensities, you just need to catch them at the right time and identify them. When you're just sitting in class or reading this book, check in with yourself. How are you feeling? Is it a pleasing,  does it give you pleasure? Or is it aggravating, does it enrage you? Once you start to manually check in on your emotions it will become a habit. Anytime your emotions change you will be able to identify it immediately.

If you don't believe me, try it for yourself. Do you feel challenged by me?  If you do then you have successfully identified your emotions subconsciously.

Congratulations.