Chapter 5: Sadness

Imagine the ocean, 95% of the ocean is undiscovered. Think about it, many creatures still hiding from the world. Or maybe they aren't hiding, maybe they are in plain sight, just like sadness; in plain sight.

Sadness is the most overlooked emotion of them all, it's push aside because it's what we're used to. We are used to feeling like shit constantly and nothing being done about it, but do you know why? The reason is because we are all depressed. It's a world wide, emotional, Great Depression. Open your eyes, nobody is happy.

Take yourself into the bathroom and look into the mirror. What do you feel? My guess would be sadness, because when you recognize yourself you also recognize your most prominent emotion which is sadness. You are sad. Such an emotion is hard to understand, to many degrees it is expressed in various ways. Now I am going to ask you:

How do you express sadness?

Example: When I'm walking through the halls at school and the wave hits me, I become hostile. When I am sad, I am angry. I become a new person, someone who is unable to be seen from the outside. This someone will one day snap, I will be walking through the halls and my someone will snap. In what way? I'm not sure, but I'm also not willing to find out.

Let me ask you again, how do you express sadness? Are you like me? Do you become hostile? Maybe you aren't, maybe you break down. If so, what's that like? Do you cry or maybe scream? Or maybe you space out to ignore the emotion, or maybe you hide it. Maybe you walk through the halls with a smile on your face even though you are in despair and it hinders your mind.

Understandable.

Why would you want to draw that kind of attention? I never understood those people, how does your mind work? What does your mind say to you?

I'm fine
I'm fine
I'm fine
I'm fine

Smile

The funny thing is you can't control these voices and you never will be able to. You aren't crazy, these are just your emotions feeling defiant. Remember, don't ignore defiance; it will only make it worse.