Chapter-1

PRESENT DAY.

   LANAS POV.

I kept my head hung low as I made my way through the halls. I didn't want to draw any attention to myself.

  People ran by in a rush to get to their next class.

I hated school, but I would take this over going 'home' most of the time.

It wasn't exactly empty, but those of us who were there had to do everything around the house. We didn't speak to each other unless it was needed, but we all shared a common dislike for Mr. Trent, the owner and our 'foster parent'.

He was a creepy dude who hit on every girl there, and made everyone do the worst chores around the house.

  Have you ever had to clean your parents room?

I shuddered at the memory.
  I had to clean his room when I was twelve because I slept in. On a Saturday.

  I was too young for the things I found there.

I had been living with him since I was ten.

  I had to move because I saw some things happen to the girls at my first orphanage.

   Let's just say that a case was opened, and that whatever happened at the orphanage is the reason I'm afraid of men.

  When they get to close, I can't breath. When they yell, I have to try to stop myself from shaking uncontrollably.

And when they try to touch me, I have a panic attack.

I wish I didn't have this fear, but I just can't help it.

When I started living with Mr. Trent, it started to really develop.

  I still don't like talking to him. The only times he hears my voice, I get so scared that I stutter.

When I started high school, I made sure that I didn't have any male teachers.

I've been to the nurses office countless times because of anxiety attack's.

  I took a deep breath and made my way to my last class of the day.

  The bell knocked me out of whatever book I was reading. Time to go 'home' I guess.

  I walked down the foliage covered side walk.
The clouds were brewing up a very big storm, and the wind was blowing hard, pushing me around.

   I walked inside the six bedroom building and went straight to my room.

  There were only five of us kids here, and of course Mr. Trent had to have somewhere to sleep too.

  It wasn't much, it had lacked that homey comfort to it, but I've been here for the past six years. Now, it was just a roof over my head.

  After cleaning up most of the house, the rain was coming in heavy, so I wanted to go to bed.
The rain was the only thing that could relax me.

  I made it up to my room, and the sound of the rain tapping against the roof, lulled me to sleep.

   "You want her?!"

The loud shout woke me with a jolt.

  The rain was going harder than before, it must be a really bad storm.

I pushed myself up to the head board of my bed.

  I heard other men's voices, also yelling.

I started to shake while covering my ears. I took in deep breaths to control myself.