Chapter-16

SURPRISE AGAIN!!

(It's short, but it's sweet ;)

LANAS POV.

"Put your arms around my neck, and don't look anyone or anything. Just keep your eyes closed, ok?"

How did I agree to this?

    I hesitantly did what was told, and closed my eyes tightly.

This wasn't supposed to happen.

   Why me?

I completely blocked everything out. I could only hear the slight sound of the brothers talking, the soft closing of the door, and the light padding of Deans footsteps.

  It was like going through a time machine, almost. Just things passing you by.

"Try to cover your face as much as possible." Is the first thing I actually heard in the minutes after we had left the room where it all happened.

Try to cover my face?

Why would I need to- oh.

My voiceless question was answered, by the loud questions of others.

   From what I could tell, there were a lot of people waiting outside.

And there goes an anxiety attack.

I guessed it just in time, because I started to breath shallowly, my throat closing.

You got this. Just deep breaths.

   I knew as soon as Dean stepped foot outside, because it got about a hundred times louder.

   With each question I heard, I buried my face deeper into Deans shoulder.

   Lana, you need to calm down.

I felt myself being gently being put in the car, and didn't open my eyes until the door shut.

I watched the reporters as they crowded the car, seemingly about to break down the windows.

   "How are you feeling?" Dean asked as he slid in next to me.

I wanted to respond, I really did, but I couldn't get the words out.

    "Lana?"

I still couldn't talk.

   "Lana, please just- just don't leave. We just got you."

No words.

How can I- actions! Actions speak louder than words...right?

I knew that it was now, or never.

"Lan-,"

He was cut off by me hugging him.

The last person I hugged was Kristen, and that was the first hug I had given in literal years.

   My eyes filled with tears. Partly because of what I had just gone through, and partly because I was happy that I was finally able to hug someone, especially a guy, who was my family.

   "It's ok. It's ok." He repeated as he tightly hugged be back, stroking my hair at the same time.

   "I-I'm sorry." I said as my voice cracked, gasping for breath as I released him from the steal tight grip I had.

  "Lana, please, don't be sorry ok? I-We should be sorry."

   "I-I knew that you guys were running something other than a club, but it didn't make me want to leave. I-It's just i wasn't expecting that to happen, a-and now it's just-," I couldn't even finish my sentence.

  "You knew?"

I nodded.

"Well, we did know you were smart. Well, we were downplaying your intelligence, I suppose."

"It just didn't add up. None of it did. It was pretty easy to figure something out." I explained.

I heard the car door open again, letting in the shouts of the crowd outside.

    It's like they doubled.

"Why is she crying?! Dean so help me god. I will make you sterile. Why are you making her cry?!"

   Axel had slipped in, and immediately began yelling at Dean.

   "Axel! I am not Making her cry." He groaned in response.

"Don't Axel me! Why is my sister crying Dean?"

Dean had clearly given up with an eye roll, and a small glare towards Axel.

"Axel, I'm fine." I chuckled. What a mood change.

"Are you sure?"

"I think so."

"Ok. Good."

That was quick.

"Where are Damon and Vincent? And she's our  sister, you idiot." Dean asked.

"They are in the car behind us, and for your information, she's my favorite thing, therefore she's my sister."

Dean gave the signal for the driver to start moving.

  Oh this is not helping the attention I'm trying to get off of me.

"So, Lana, how are you...feeling?" Axel asked.

I sighed and wiped my eyes.

"Honestly, I feel better." I also feel like I need a nap.

"You know, Lan, you can keep the coat." Dean said after a while.

  It didn't go unnoticed that I was snuggling more and more into it as time went on.

I was cold, and it was soft. Can you blame me?

I shrugged.

"Yeah, you probably weren't going to get it back anyways."

It had quickly become a security thing.

    I never thought I could change so much, in such a small amount of time.

    And I'm thankful.