Chapter-6

VINCENTS POV.

   We finally pulled back into the driveway of our house at around midnight.

   Hopefully Lana doesn't see us like this.

Kristen, of course knew what me meant when we said we had to take care of some business.

We quickly and quietly closed the car doors, and went around to the back entrance.

Dean opened the door, making sure it made absolutely no sound.

"Hey Kristen." I whispered to her, just incase Lana was close.
She always knew to make sure to meet us at the back entrance after a 'business meeting' had happened.

"Hey boys. Look at your clothes!" She gasped in disgust as she looked up from her knitting.

She had every right to because our once crisp white shirts, were now covered in red.

"It's been worse." Damon tried to reason with her.

"Is Lana still awake?" Dean asked.

Kristen chuckled before answering.

"I'm afraid not. I went upstairs to check on her and found her bundled up in a chair with her book in her hands. Cute as a button she is."

We made a move to head upstairs to clean off, put our plans were shut down quickly.

"Oh no you don't." Kristen scolded us.

She gave us each a pair of our own sweatpants and tee-shirts.

"You will shower downstairs for as long as my little baby is in this house. Now, once you're done, give me your clothes so I can wash them, I might have to throw them away."

"Yes Kristen." We obeyed, but not without a small groan.

I stretched as I put the red clothes in the laundry basket.

"Hey big bro." I said to Dean as he walked in at dropped his clothes off too.

"Hey. Damon Axel and I are about to have a Night cap. Care to join?" He asked.

I nodded and followed him up to the upstairs study, talking about work on the way.

When we arrived, Damon had a whiskey in his hand, while Axel has red wine.

"Red wine? Really?"

He rolled his eyes. "Yes, red. You know, one day, I'm going to have a have a husband that respects my drinking choices." He countered.

I raised my hands in defense

"Woah, easy tiger. We enjoy a good vino every now and then."

Dean and Damon chuckled.

I sat down with my own drink and leaned back.

"It has been a long ass day." Damon stated.

"Agreed."

A few moments of silence passed until it was broken.

"I don't know about you guys, but I, for one, want to know what happened to Lana." Damon spoke up.

"We need to wait until she is comfortable around us. Then, maybe she'll talk to us."

"I'm with Axel in this one. We just need to give her time." I suggested.

"I just worry that if we can't help her, then she'll just keep it in for too long." Dean responded.

"Helping her would mean giving her time."

About an hour later, we were done for the night and heading to bed.

Our parents made sure that we all had rooms extremely close to each other, just incase something happened.

We reached the hallway, and were all walking in the direction of our door at first, but we ended up at the exact same door.

Lana's.

I could tell all of us were wondering if we should open her door.

Ah, screw it.

So here's the thing. Our father trained us in just about everything, but there were three skills that either we had to learn, or he would send us to Italy and leave us there to fend for ourselves.

He was a good man, I swear.

The first was to listen for someone's heartbeat, at least a room away.

The second was to go around, making absolutely zero noise. Not even a whisper.

The third was to hold our breath for a minimum of fifteen minutes underwater, and twenty on land.

I could hear Lanas heart rate from outside the door. It was slow and steady, so she had to have been asleep.

Unbelievable, I know. But, it's true.

Slowly, I opened the door, making absolutely no noise.

Peering around the entire room, my eyes landed on the small girl, slightly shivering, and curled into a plush chair, with a book in her arms.

Aw.

"Should we put her in her bed so she's more comfortable?" I signed to the others.

"What if she wakes up?" Damon signs back.

"Then she'll freeze to death and wake up sore." Axel signed in response.

"I'm going in." Dean volunteered.

He slowly made his way to Lana.

He softly pried the book from her grip, and set it on the floor.

He began to pick her up, bridal style.

She immediately stopped shivering.

He slowly, and carefully, carried her to her bed before laying her down, before covering her in a blanket.

We all walked out after that, giving her one last glance before shutting the door.

"Oh my god. That was the most stressful thing I've ever been through." Dean breathed a sigh of relief.

He paused before continuing.

     "From now on, we are so taking turns."