• The Ones That Got Away •

• Ash's Outfit •

• Ash •

I felt arms wrap around my waist, soft lips pressing against the top of my head. The gesture felt slow: in a sleepy way.

"Morning."

Griff's raspy voice was so adorable, I couldn't help but smile.

"Morning Griff," I replied, looking above me and spotting Griff. His eyes looked half-closed as he gave me a dopey smile.

"Morning," he repeated. "I'm hungry."

"Then go get food," I chuckled. "The mess hall is open you know."

Griff nodded. "Do you want anything?"

I nodded. "Can you bring me some orange juice please?"

"Are you sure you wanna eat the orange juice?" He grimaced. "The orange juice isn't real orange juice. It's just water with orange food coloring."

"Then just some water," I said.

"Coming right up, m'lady!" He exclaimed, suddenly awake, running over to the mess hall. I giggled quietly to myself as Zuri, Tiffany, And Jorge walked over towards me.

"And Griff?" Zuri questioned, sitting beside me.

"He's getting me some water," I explained.

Tiffany set a book in front of her. "Today's the fishing contest."

Griff walked out from the mess hall, crowding the seat beside me before setting my water down. "It is."

As if on cue, Gladys began to speak through her loud-speaker. 

"Attention campers! Today is the 97th annual Camp Kikiwaka Fishing Contest! So hurry up and find yourself a partner. Something I wish I'd done years ago."

"Partners?" I questioned, turning to Griff with a cheeky grin plastered on my face.

Griff laced his hand in mine. "You know it."

"The team that catches the biggest fish will be excused from chores for a whole week!"

Cheers erupted from the crowds, disrupted by the sound of a boo. We all turned to face Ravi.

"I actually enjoy doing chores. Organizing the lost and found items is the highlight of my day!" He explained.

Gladys sighed. "If you find my hopes and dreams in there, let me know."

Emma turned to me, eyes wide with a goofy grin plastered on her face. "Xander asked me to be his partner!"

"Wasn't that obvious?" I questioned, laughing quietly.

Emma grinned. "We get to spend all day in a canoe together! It'll be so romantic!"

Lou came up beside us. "That's great!"