• Close Encounters of the Camp Kind •

• Ash's Outfit •

• Ash •

I curled up next to Griff, his arm around my shoulders as we watched the meteor shower in awe. His lips touched the top of my head gently as we gazed up at the stars, his cheek resting against my hair. The meteors flew above us rapidly, flashing white colors illuminating the dark blue sky.

"I love this," I whispered, looking up at Griff lovingly. His eyes were focused on the stars, his green forests showing a million emotions at once. They shimmered in the moonlight above.

He smiled, turning away from the sky to look down at me. "Not as much as I love you."

I giggled, looking back up. From beside us, Zuri chimed, "Hey, Griff, keep your hands at the equator. I'm watching you."

Griff gave her an impromptu thumbs up as Gladys strolled over, yelling at us: "All right, campers! Bed time. My star gazing is about to begin. Brad Pitt body pillow, here I come!"

"You heard the woman!" Lou shouted. "The schedule says lights out in five. Let's move!"

"But at your own pace," Xander added. "Life is a journey, not a race."

Griff and I stood up, disconnecting our hands to say good night to each other when a gigantic meteor flew across the sky. "Woah!" I exclaimed. "That meteor was huge!"

"That was no meteor," Jorge said, pointing upwards with wide eyes.

"Well then what else could it be?" Tiffany questioned, scrunching up her nose and furrowing her eyebrows.

"Well, I'm sure of two things," Jorge said, grinning brightly at us. "First, One day I'll headline my own show in Vegas, and second, that was a UFO!"

"That was not a UFO," Zuri snapped, rolling her eyes. She punctuated he sentenced by shaking her hands frantically at Jorge as he stared back with wide eyes.

"And we've told you 100 times that Vegas is not ready for a butt ventriloquist," I added, nodding at Jorge, who frowned up at me.

Griff chuckled before turning to the rest of the group. "Well, whatever it is, it looks like it fell in the lake. Let's go check it out!"

With that, the five of us advanced quickly, smiles bright on our faces, until Zuri stopped us. "Wait! We could get in trouble." We paused for a second before bursting out laughing and running off to the lake, ready to see what had just landed there.

"Now, be careful. The aliens could come at us from any direction," Jorge said. He stood attentively before jumping to each side, making sure nothing would come at us. I squeezed Griff's hand gently as we descended the dock to look around.