6-Ignorance is bliss

As the morning sun continues to rise, team RWBY and little Zwei take their rest on a small cliff overlooking the city of Vale that they just saved. A handful of Atlas ships flying through the sky after the recent Grimm attack caused by the White Fang.

Yang: Well, we did it.

Blake: We did it.

Weiss: If we don't get extra credit for that, I'm going to be seriously disappointed.

Yang: Weiss, a two-headed snake literally crushed a bakery. I wouldn't count on it.

Ruby: Plus, I mean, we didn't solve everything. A lot of people were hurt, and we still don't even know why they did this.

Weiss: Well, not every story has a neat and tidy ending.

Blake: We might not have all of the answers, but we do have a lot of dangerous people behind bars. And I think that's something we can be proud of.

Ruby: Yeah. And if anyone tries something like this again, we'll be there to stop them.

Yang stretches back and just lies down, Zwei following suit.

Yang: Yay. Teamwork, camaraderie, good guys, go team, alright good work... So, what now?

Weiss: I'd suggest training for the tournament, but... I think we have that covered at this point.

Blake: So then...?

Realizing they haven't slept for almost 24 hours, Ruby makes a brilliant suggestion.

Ruby: Uh, time for bed?

Weiss: Oh please, yes.

Blake: Absolutely.

Yang: I'm going to sleep forever.

The four plus dog get to their feet and make their way back to their dorm room.

Up high in Ozpin's office, the man in question finished his meeting with the counsel members and James Ironwood. The first yelling at him for failing to prevent something completely out of his control, the second promising to keep the city safe. None of that mattered to him right now. If anything, the risk of the Vytal Festival being moved on a later day is the least important thing he can think of. Worrying about a possible attack on the day of the festival and the continuous murder spree from the four most wanted serial killers? Now those are greatly more concerning.

A week ago, several White Fang bodies were found in a warehouse off the coast of the city. Along with the bodies of the two most wanted men in all of Remnant, Roman Torchwick and Adam Taurus. All butchered in all too familiar ways at this point.

He raises his personal scroll and activates it. Appearing on screen are several security camera footages that were acquired from the warehouse. Selecting one, he expands a view of the front entrance. Views of a still living Roman, Adam, and several others on the floor as the four murderers surround them. Ozpin hits the play button as the scene is replayed to him.

《PLAY》

Ghostface: Now, we have an offer for you all.

Smile: We want to know who you’re working for, tell us and we don’t kill any of you.

Pig: We know the White Fang wouldn’t work with humans.

Nurse: We also know you wouldn’t stockpile all this dust, Roman. We know you would sell it the moment you got it.

All four: So tell us who you’re working for.

Roman: Whatever you do to us will be tame to what they would do to us, we ain’t telling you shit!

Smile: Well then~ We’ll just have to torture you.

The next few minutes are just the murderers mutilating some of the White Fang, followed by an outburst from Adam. That is quickly cut short as the Pig removed his head with a hidden blade. The other three move on to a young woman with multicolored hair before Roman stops them with an outburst of his own.

Roman: Wait, I-I-I’ll tell you just don’t hurt her!

Ghostface: Start. Talking.

Roman: We were hired by this woman, Cinder Fall, she has two lackies Mercury Black and Emerald Sustrai. The plans are in the room behind that door over there.

Ghostface walks off to said plans. As he leaves, the Nurse and Smile quickly start to cut down the woman.

Roman: You said you wouldn’t hurt her you motherfu-

A contraption is placed on his head as Ghostface soon returns with a folder.

《PAUSE》

Knowing what comes next, Ozpin just stops the video out of disgust and exits out of the footage. From that video alone, he has learned so much while at the same time so little from this footage. For starters, this is the first time hearing the killers' voices, yet they're so distorted with strange background noises to them that it's nearly impossible to identify.

Next is the mention of Cinder and the other two, their names rang a bell to Ozpin once he first heard them. They were quickly rounded up after the recent Grimm attack by Atlas for questioning.

He swipes the screen and comes to a photo that causes his stomach to twist every time. A screenshot of the four killers standing in front of a mutilated and crucified Taiyang. Burnt down house, strange blood patterns, and yet another body added to the ever growing list. It was then he remembered something that just adds more sorrow to his mind.

Ruby and Yang...

The news of their father's murder would just bring more problems to an already dire situation..... And they don't need to know. Not right now. Matter of fact, every mention of a new murder adds more distress to the public.

Distress that brings negative emotions.

Emotions that bring Grimm.

..... And that's when Ozpin settles on a solution. These killers leave haunting murders and evidence that they've done it. They're not only seeking attention... they're causing panic to bring the Grimm. Maybe. Either way, this can't go on any longer.

From this day forward, knowledge of future murders will be strictly need to know information between the police, Atlas military, and himself.

These psychopaths want to send a message? They will now fall onto deaf ears from here on out.