6

There feet ran fast, almost bumping into people but who cares? She's awake.

Room 420.

Mrs. Lynn tagged along behind them, saying sorrys for the three reckless girls. That's them for ya, reckless. But in a good way.

This time, Reya was first to run in.

The once lifeless emerald eyes we're now a tad brighter but they still looked tired. She gave a tired wave.

They rushed to her side, hugging her and nearly in tears. "What the heck happened?!" Reya cried, her voice cracking a bit. Welcome to middle school.

They knew she wouldn't answer, she never has. Unless she was talking to Ala.

But they were wrong.

The dark and mysterious girl looked around the room, no doctors or nurses. Just her, her friends, and her mom. Her mom.

She didn't know how much of a surprise it was to see her. After all, everytime she'd been sick or just really needed a mom, she was never there. Some mom she ever was.

She shooed her mother away, a tad angry but she needed to prepare herself for..well, talking.

Her mom disappeared. It was just them.

"I-" She started.

But a huge pain in her throat and chest hit, making the small girl cry out in pain.

Mrs. Lynn rushed back in when she heard the mortifying scream.

Doctors and nurses barged their way through, kicking the girls out so they can do what they needed to do.

"Did you guys hear that scream?" Ana's voice broke.

They nodded.

"She sounded like she was in..so much pain."

They sat in the waiting chairs. And waited.

"What if she never talks again?"

They looked at Jo who was in tears, sobbing quietly in her chair.

"I mean, she didn't talk in the first place.." Reya tried to lighten the mood.

Jo and Reya never knew that Ala was the only person that Blue has ever talked to. As far as they're away, she's completely mute.

And now it was time for Ala to decide.

Does she tell them that Blue can talk or does she stay quiet? The options fought a war in her mind. She made a promise to Blue. Well, technically two promises.

And one she needed to spill.

"Bluecanactuallytalkiknowbecahseshetalkstomeandimsorryinevertoldyouguys."

What the heck just happened?