9. Dancing

Ok, so before I begin let me explain.

I found this thing which was 50 random writing prompts, and I've had it on my computer for ages now, so I decided to do something about it. I'll be writing stories with these prompts, requests aren't necessary but will be appreciated.

37: Teach me Dancing?

Jake crashed onto his bed. His school prom was in 2 weeks, and he couldn't be more prepared. He had asked his girlfriend, she said yes. He had borrowed a suit from his Dad, and he had a perfect plan to execute their first kiss. Heck, he had even gotten permission from her father to do all this! But there was one tiny, teenie weenie, itty bitty, minuscule, major problem.

Jake had no idea how to dance.

It wasn't his fault! He grew up in a bad neighbourhood, so if he was seen dancing his whole life would have been ruined. And he cared about this because he knew that Ellie was the romantic type and if he couldn't dance he would ruin his chances of dating her after high school. Jake groaned and rolled onto his pillow. His sounds of pain were noticed by his brother, Liam.

"I was summoned by the sound of suffering, what's going on?" Liam leaned on the doorway of his younger brother's room. Jake looked up at him. "Well, I had a plan which would have been perfect, it would have been the first step towards the life I want to plan with Ellie but..." His brother looked at him expectantly. "But what?" The younger sighed and put his face back into the pillow, muffling his words.

"Sorry squirt, didn't hear that, care to repeat it?"

Jake lifted his head from the pillow, mumbling his answer again.

"I can't hear yo-" "I SAID I CAN'T DANCE, OK?"Liam leaned back at his younger brother's sudden outburst. He thought for a second. He knew how to dance, but it wasn't exactly what you would expect from him. You see, Liam was a big guy, with tattoos and long hair tied back into a ponytail, but he knew how to dance like a god would. At least, that's what his boyfriend, Connor, says. Teaching Jake how to dance would save his love life, and he did owe Jake for setting him up with Connor, but if the word got around that big tough guy Liam does dancing, nobody would let him forget.

Liam sighed, then looked at his brother. "I... I could teach you how to dance if you want..." Jake looked up from his pillow. "You... You can teach me dancing?" Liam nodded sheepishly. Jake got up and punched him in the arm. "You're awesome, when do we start?"

~Time skip~

Today was the big day. After many, many, many slightly awkward dance lessons with his brother, Jake could finally dance like he wanted to. He held Ellie in his arms, and they started to waltz. (I don't know how to write dancing scenes...) He looked over at the gym hall, and there he was. Liam, arm in arm with Connor. He gave Jake a thumbs up, who returned it with a smile.

When the dance was over, Liam looked Ellie in the eyes, and kissed her full on the lips. She kissed back, and they were happy.

~Bonus!!~

Connor looked over at the happy couple. "Wow, why can't you be as sweet as your brother?" He asked jokingly. Liam rolled his eyes. "Because Jake can't do this." And with that, he swept Connor off of his feet, into a passionate kiss. When they pulled away, they saw Jake with his jaw open, shocked that his brother has outdone him again.