VIVA LAS VEGAS - 1/1

1

His lips were soft as silk. He smelled so good. I felt hot and cold, then hot again. My heart was beating so strong. Where was I? What was just happening? As he took his lips from mine, I slowly opened my eyes. I had no clue who he was. I was sure, he wasn't my husband. How come, that I did not know whose sweet lips I just had kissed? Then, suddenly I looked into two blue eyes which seemed familiar somehow.

„Everything alright, sweetie?", he whispered.

This voice, it also seemed very familiar. I was relieved, at least I hadn't kissed some stranger so passionately.

"Everything is fine.", I answered.

He chuckled. The sweetest chuckling I've ever heard and it also sounded very familiar. Who was this mysterious stranger, who didn't seem to be that strange at all? I looked him in the eyes. He still pressed his nose against mine and it felt like he didn't want to let me go.

"Mmmm..Sir, I really hate to disturb but it's time. We will continue in two minutes. You really should..."

"All right, Johnny, I will be there in a minute, okay?"

He said it without taking his eyes from me. The man behind him nodded:

"Alright Mr. Presley, I'm gonna tell them that you will be there shortly."

Now my thoughts went wild: "Oh my god! Mr. Presley? What? Who?"

"I'm really sorry, Idy, I have to go back to the set.", he gave me a big kiss on my cheek.

Suddenly I recognized these blue eyes, that characteristic pout, the dimples in his cheeks, one wisp of his pitch black hair fell rascally into his forehead. He smiled. Damn! Every child knew this smile. I couldn't catch my breath. This couldn't be real.

"This must be a dream", I thought, "Presley? Elvis Presley?", I suddenly shouted manically.

Again there was this chuckling: "As I looked into the mirror this morning I still was me." He was clearly amused, "You aren't drunk, are you?", he softly stroke my hair and smiled at me. My brain was going mad. How could that be possible? My heart raged, my face turned red and I couldn't say a word. This was the king...the fucking king of rock! And he just had kissed me!

"Please promise, Idy, you will be waiting for me. The next take will be about one hour maximum. Wait here for me, Idy!"

In the background I could hear a song, Viva Las Vegas! And as he slowly turned away from me, he kept on saying repeatedly: "Wait for me, Idy, wait for me, Idy, Idy, wait for me".

"Damn! Idy! What are you waiting for? Turn off the alarm!", I startled, "I thought you will never wake up again."

David grinned at me: "Your radio is playing for some minutes now. You haven't heard it."

"I..I'm sorry. Thank you, darling."

Totally confused, I reached out for my alarm clock that kept on playing this Elvis Presley song Viva Las Vegas. I took a deep breath...it was a dream...only a dream. But this dream seemed so real. It was unbelievable and weired somehow but still also funny. This had never happened to me before. To be a woman over forty meant dreaming of other men from time to time. This I had to admit. I think men do the same. But Elvis? My god! This was beyond my imagination.

As I went to the bathroom to get ready for the day, I asked myself why of all things I had dreamed of him. I mean, everybody knows Elvis. When he died I was two years old. I had no reference to him. Sure, I really liked his music and of course he was a very attractive man.

"Alright!", I thought by myself, "My brain must have been connecting him with the song that was playing on the radio."

Such things happen. I told myself not to take any further notice of it, yet I had a strange feeling while driving to work. I still could feel Elvis' soft lips and I still could smell baby oil. He smelled damn delicious. I asked myself if Elvis used to smell that good. In my dream I just could eat him up. That was funny, I smiled. Lost in these thoughts I drove to work a little bit happier as on any other day.

- to be continued -