VIVA LAS VEGAS-1/80

I stared at Elvis with disbelief. It seemed that he had made his decision.

„Oh God!", he suddenly sighed and put his face into his hands.

„What's wrong with you?", I noticed that suddenly he looked quite distressed. His face was still sweaty and there were dark circles around his eyes.

„Talk to me, Elvis!", I was scared. Something was wrong with him.

„I'm terribly tired, Idy. If only I would be able to get some sleep. Right after the fight with this reporter, all I wanted was to get to you. I was only able to pack a few things and then I sneaked out. A taxi brought me to the airport. The flight to Las Vegas took a whole day. I really hoped I could find some sleep during the flight, but it didn't happen. I simply cannot stop all these things that are on my mind. I cannot find any rest at all."

He bended down and rummaged in his travel bag. He pulled out a box of pills but before he was able to open it, I placed my hand on his.

„Please don't! Please don't take these pills again. They will kill you, Elvis!"

Elvis seemed to be quite surprised, then he smiled: „You are always worrying too much, Idy. These pills are harmless. I will take two of them and I will be able to sleep.", he nudged my nose with his finger, „Don't worry honey. I know what I'm doing."

But I insisted, although I had a hard time to resist his allure: „Please, Elvis! Give me that box!"

He looked at me angrily: "No! Stop it!"

I tried to steal the box out of his hand.

"You have to get off these pills! You will see that you will be able to sleep without them. I promise!"

Meanwhile we were fighting for this box. Although Elvis defended it for quite a while, he finally opened his hand with a deep sigh and gave it to me. I deeply felt sorry for him when he was standing in front of me, totally exhausted. He had a hard time to keep his eyes open. I asked myself how it would feel to be unable to fall asleep. This must have been the most terrible torture of all. But I resisted and locked the box of pills in a drawer in the bathroom. I hid the key very well. I wanted to take care of Elvis and I wanted to make him stop taking these devilish pills. Now was the best opportunity.

When I came back out of the bathroom, Elvis already streched himself out on the bed. His eyes were closed, he snoozed. I bended down and softly kissed his cheek. Then I began to undress him.

"Hhhmmm? What...what are you doing?", he murmured.

"What does it look like? With your clothes on, you will never find decent sleep. I will take them off, all of them. You will see, you will sleep tight."

But suddenly Elvis was wide awake: „I like it when you undress me. I can imagine to do something else but sleeping right now.", playful he pinched my butt, then he winked at me.

„Keep your hands off!", I ordered him, „You will sleep now!"

„I won't fall asleep, Idy."

I wrapped the bed sheet around him. I also took my clothes off and nuzzled my body against his. I hoped this would give him a comforting feeling and that it would help him. But as usual, Elvis was silly. Again and again his hands slided over my breasts or between my legs. Everytime I tenderly pushed away his hand and told him to hold still. I was certain that if only he would find some rest, he would fall asleep easily.

But I had absolutely no clue. At least an hour had passed, when Elvis was still tossing and turning. I had already fell asleep, but had been waken up by his restlessness. When I had been sleeping for quite a while and woke up again, Elvis wasn't laying next to me anymore. I instantly turned on the lights. Elvis was sitting in an armchair, his face was pale, his eyes half open, he was in a disastrous condition.

"What are you doing? Come back to bed. Didn't you sleep at all?"

Elvis shook his head, he didn't say a word but his eyes said it all. I knew what I had to do. I went into the bathroom, unlocked the drawer and took the pills.

„Here, take them!", I gave him two of them and a glass of water.

Elvis looked at me. This expression in his eyes, it was like a cry for help. I couldn't hold back the tears.

„Hurry! Take them and then go back to bed, okay?", I sobbed.

Elvis hesitated for one second, then he swallowed the pills. I really had thought that this would be easier. Elvis was seriously addicted.

„We have to do something about that, do you hear me?", I softly wiped away the sweat off his forehead.

Elvis nodded. He seemed to understand that he had a big problem:

„Can we talk about it tomorrow?", he asked and he gazed at me like a little boy, asking his mother not to punish him.

I bended down and took him into my arms.: "We will fix this."

I just had covered him with the bed sheets, when he closed his eyes. Then I heard him breathing deeply. He was finally asleep.

-to be continued-