VIVA LAS VEGAS-1/23

Elvis stepped from behind the desk. „Idy, oh god, I missed you so much!", he looked at me and I could tell that he noticed that I was in shock.

„What's wrong with you?", he frowned.

When he approached me, I got out of the chair quickly. I felt insecure and wasn't able to answer. Elvis' presence made me forget everything I wanted to tell him. Although I was determined to end our relationship I caught myself worshiping him. There he was again, the king, standing in front of me. For a short moment I told myself that I was out of my mind to even think about banning him out of my life. How many people nowadays would do everything to be able to even talk to him? What was I really about to giving up without fighting for it?

„You should become an actor!", I said nervously.

Elvis chuckled: „Yes, I'm really good in imitating Greenbaum. But I think to be a singer is way better. Don't you agree?"

Again he stepped closer. I moved back and starred on my feet. Now Elvis realized that something was completely wrong. I was surprised when he also moved back and leaned against the desk. The look in his eyes went very serious. He looked at me without saying a word. Once again I had no clue what was going on in his mind. It was obvious that I got more and more nervous. Just a few hours ago I had been so sure. I really wanted to tell him right in his face, that it was over. But now it seemed that I was under his spell, again.

„Damn it, Idy! Talk to me!", he banged his fingers against the desk impatiently before he stood right in front of me.

I had seen these furious eyes before. By being mad he did me a favor because it brought me back to my senses.

„Aha!", I answered, „Here we go again. Things ain't working just as the king wishes!"

„Come on, Idy! Tell me what's going on!"

I was angry and ready for the truth: „I saw you on television. How will you explain that to me?"

Elvis frowned and lowered his head, starring at his feet.

„The interview with Priscilla?", he asked.

„Right. The interview in which you both announced that you are engaged.", I noticed that my voice cracked. I was deeply hurt.

„Idy, please let me explain. It's not like you think it is. We..."

I didn't let him finish his sentence. I knew that I would have to leave the room as quickly as I could in order not to fall for him again. I was thinking about Michael. The relationship with Elvis wasn't fair. For the sake of Michael and Priscilla it had to end right now.

„You know, Elvis? I don't want to hear your excuses. I cannot take this anymore!"

He looked me in the eyes. I noticed that he seemed to be surprised and hurt.

„What does that mean?", he yelled at me.

The more impatient Elvis got, the more angry I became. That's how we ended up yelling at each other in the director's office.

„Idy, you will listen to me!", he said angrily.

Much faster that I would have guessed he approached me and grabbed my arms.

I was able to free myself but I hesitated for a short moment because from the look in his eyes I could tell that he was hurt. But I pulled myself together again and told him quietly: „I wish you to have a nice wedding. Good luck!"

„Please, let me explain, Idy!", Elvis made a rather depressed impression.

I didn't say anything while shaking my head. Then I opened the door. Big tears ran down my cheeks when I stepped out of the room and closed the door behind me.

„Oh, hello darling. Everything alright?"

When I looked up, I saw a familiar face. It was Martha, one of the elder ladies that had watched the interview with me. She smiled at me. I hadn't any idea that the both ladies were still at the hotel. I thought they already had left.

"Honey, whenever I meet you, you always look distressed.", she said.

I hastily wiped the tears off my face: „Everything is alright, Martha. How are you doing? Where is Mary?"

„At the casino, gambling.", she winked at me.

I took Martha's hand and tried to drag her away from the door. I expected Elvis to come out any second.

„Wait! Where do you want to go?", Martha asked surprised, "I want to stay and wait for him coming out of the room.", she was stubborn and refused to move at all.

„Who do you mean, Martha?"

„Elvis Presley!", she whispered and winked at me conspiratorially.

I couldn't help and chuckled. How on earth could she know that?

Martha raised a finger: „I swear, I just saw him going in there. He is a decent, fine young man.", she smiled happily.

I looked at the door but there was no sign of Elvis.

„But Martha. This is the office of the hotel director. Why should Elvis be in there? Come with me, I buy you a drink."

I grabbed her arm because I really wanted to leave now.

Martha smiled and took my arm happily. Obviously she couldn't say no to my invitation. Thank god she still was very agile. She had no difficulties to keep up with me. She and I talked for a while at the bar and it was very nice until Michael appeared. He greeted me with a kiss on my cheek. I noticed that Martha watched us curiously.

"Michael, do you have a second?", I asked.

„For you always!", he winked at me.

Martha instantly seemed to know what to do: "Well, it's late already. I have to drag Mary out of the casino. Otherwise she will be gambling the whole night trough.", she shook my hand, "I hope we will meet again, soon.", I nodded, she smiled and left.

Meanwhile Michael had ordered a beer: „Now I have plenty of time for you.", he said, „What's up?"

I breathed in and out. Nervously I told him everything about the stolen necklace and the suspicion I had against Jerry. It was hard for me to tell him what had happened at the pool the other night. While explaining what he had done to me, everything came back to me and it felt just like I had go through this once more.

Michael listened to me patiently. But when he heard what Jerry had done, he was pretty concerned.

„My god, Idy, that is terrible! How did you manage to free yourself?"

I wasn't ready to tell Michael about Elvis. Instead I told him that somebody from the security staff had rescued me.

„One of my men?", he asked.

„I don't think so.", I answered.

Michael frowned: „Strange, I had not been informed about the incident."

I said nothing. My body was shaking. It was hard to even think about what had happened.

„I'm so sorry!", Michael said repeatedly while he kissed me tenderly.

-to be continued-