Chapter 2 Arriving at School

Male Narrator

After a long, exhilarating ride through the countryside, Katherine finally arrived at Ever After High, the school for the teenage children of  famous fairy tale characters.

Female Narrator

The school was alive with activity as many students had already arrived, ready to start another year of schooling-

Male Narrator

But before classes started, all of the students were anxious to catch up with their friends.

Female Narrator

Did you have to interrupt me like that?

Male Narrator

Well you're always doing that to me so fair's fair.

Katherine

I'm just going to jump in here before we end up with a fight on our paws.

Anyway, I arrived at the school and was soon greeted by a familiar voice.

"Kat!"

I looked over and saw my friends Maddie and Raven.

"Hey guys!"  I grinned and got down of Pipi.  "How's it going?"

"Hi Kat, it's hat-tastic to see you again!"  Maddie said throwing her arms around me in a hug.

"You too,"  I chuckled hugging her back before I looked over at Raven.  "It's great to see you again too, Raven, how were your holidays?"

"About the same as always, but I'm not complaining.  No thronework is always a good thing right?  Plus no one said a word about me being 'evil' the whole time."

"This year will be different, Raven, I'm sure of it."

Of course I couldn't guarantee that the other students would suddenly change their opinion of Raven, but I was determined to try and make this a better year for my friend.  Honestly, there was nothing remotely evil about Raven.  Well except for her dark powers, but she had never used them to hurt anyone before.

"Anyway, we should stop dilly-dallying and get going!  There are lots of things to do today!"  Maddie said and started dragging the two of us up the stairs.

"Now just wait a minute."  I managed to get her to stop.  "I have to put Pipi in the stables before I do anything else.  So you guys go on ahead and I'll meet you in a bit."

"Oh alright."  Maddie nodded, letting go of my hand.

"Thanks, see you soon."  I smiled then went back to Pipi and started walking her to the stables.

Male Narrator

In case any of you were wondering, that was Raven Queen and Madeline Hatter, two of Katherine's best friends forever after.   Now-

Female Narrator

Raven Queen is the daughter of the Evil Queen, the most feared villain in all of Ever After, and-

Male Narrator

You just couldn't go 30 seconds without interrupting me, could you?

Female Narrator

They deserve to know the whole story, and I know for a fact that you would only tell half of it.

Male Narrator

Oh please.  We both know that you only see things from the Royal perspective.

Female Narrator

Because that is the right way to look at things.  By straying from tradition, chaos ensues.  Anyway, back to what I was saying before.  Raven is the daughter of the Evil Queen and Madeline is the daughter of the Mad Hatter.

Katherine met them in spellementary school and they've been close ever since.  Though why Katherine insists on being friends with the Rebels when she is a Royal I will never understand.

Male Narrator

Because she's a Rebel.  That's why.  Ahem.  Moving on. 

After she had taken Pipi to the stable, Katherine walked to the school's entrance hall to get started on her first day back at Ever After High.

Most of the day went smoothly, she attended the special "first day of school for the year" assembly in the Charmitorium, went to Tall-Tale Studies, had lunch in the Castleteria and caught up with some more of her friends including Ashlynn Ella and Kitty Cheshire, and then attended a few more classes.

By the time the school day was over, Katherine was more than ready to head to her dorm and get some sleep.  However, when she got there she got a little surprise.

Katherine

"Hello?  Is someone in here?"  I asked, knocking on the door.  The last thing I'd want to do would be to just walk in and startle my roommate if they had got back to the dorm before me.  That would get us off on the wrong paw, and I didn't want to offend the person I was going to be rooming with for the rest of the year.

When there was no answer, I assumed that I must have been the first one to arrive at the dorm.  So I opened the door.

"Boo!"

I jumped in fright and almost slammed the door again until I recognised the familiar green face in front of me.

"Felicia Ogre you nearly gave me a heart attack!"  I laughed and hugged her.

"Sorry, Kat.  I found out that you were going to be my roommate so I wanted to surprise you."  She smiled as she returned my hug.

"Yes, well, you certainly did that.  So, how have you been?  I feel like it's been forever since I last saw you."

"It has been awhile.  I've been great, what about you?  How are your parents?"

"We're all fine, Isabella and Daniel were still being pranksters when I left home this morning."

"They still keeping you on your toes?"

"Oh yeah, but they got into trouble this morning because they broke one of my mother's dining room chairs."

"Yikes, that must have made her angry."

"It did, she's going to take the money for a new one out of their allowance."

"Serves them right I guess, but at least they tried to get in a few last jokes before you left."

"Hey whose side are you on?"  I asked with a grin.

"Your side of course."  She chuckled.

"So how are your parents?  We haven't heard from Shrek and Fiona for ages."

"Oh they're both fine."

"And what about Farkle and Fergus?"

"They're good."

"I'll probably see them in some of my classes I guess."

"Yeah probably."  She agreed.

I  walked over and flopped down onto my bed, then patted the space next to me.  "Come sit. We have so much catching up to do."

We spent most of the night chatting and giggling as we retold what had happened in our lives since our last catch up, along with recounting the mischief that we had got up to during the last time we had hung out together.  It was perfect.

Male Narrator

And so ends the first day back at Ever After High, but little did they know it was just the beginning of many adventures to come.