Chapter 4

My first class was Geografairy with Felicia and Hunter Huntsman.  Normally I tried to avoid princes, especially ones that believe all girls that go to the school are damsels in distress, but Hunter knew not to do any of that stuff to me. He was one of the few people that understood that I am perfectly capable of saving myself or anyone and I don't need a prince to save me.

One of my other friends, Cerise Hood daughter of Little Red Riding Hood, took this class with me too and we almost always sat together.  I met her last year during a Grimmnastics class and I found out later that she is hiding a secret.

Female Narrator

A big bad secret.

Katherine

Indeed and we've been friends ever since.  Moving on today Professor Nimble (yes the Jack B. Nimble) was teaching us about story telling.  He had been telling us an interesting tale about when he jumped the tallest candle in the world.

"It was thirty feet high and the flame itself was an extra five feet.  I walked back fourty paces and stared up at the top of the candle.  I took a deep breath and then I ran as fast as I could.  Then when I knew it was time, I pushed off with my feet as hard as I could.  I looked down as I soared above the crowd, I heard their cheers and felt the flames licking at my heels, but I made it and when I landed on the ground I was awarded....  A golden trophy as big as me."  He bowed.  The class clapped wildly for him as he stood back up.  "So you see the trick to tell a good story is to keep the audience wondering and sometimes when you're telling a story you need to stretch the truth a little in order to make more it interesting.  So for thronework you all have to come up with a tall story by Friday." Then class was over and I headed to Damsel-in-distressing.

On the way I talked to Ceadar Wood, who was worried about the Thronework Professor Nimble just gave us.

"I can't lie, what am I supposed to do?"  She asked perplexed.

"Maybe you should explain your problem to Professor Nimble and see what he says, maybe he'll give you an exception."  I suggested.

"Ok, I'll do it at lunch.  Thanks for the advice Katherine."  She smiled.

"Anytime."  I replied then she left to go to her next class.  I was just about to run to the classroom when I felt a hand on my shoulder, I nearly groaned when I saw who it was.  "Hi Apple."

"Hi, I just wanted to say great job for helping Cedar."

"Thanks."  Wow, was she actually being genuine to me for once?

"You're welcome, my fellow Royal and I was wondering if you could do me a small favour."  She asked.

"Sure..."  I replied, feeling uneasy about where this was going.

"Well you're friends with Raven and if you could try and help her see reason so that she would follow her destiny-"

"Raven is her own person and I will not force her to do anything that she doesn't want to do, so if she wants to flip the script I'm not going to stop her."  I said cutting her off and I ran ahead to class.

Female Narrator

Katherine how could you abandon your fellow Royal? Especially when it was Apple White.

Katherine

You're always favouring the the Royals.

Male Narrator

That's true.

Katherine

Anyway I ran into the classroom and grabbed a seat next to Briar.  Briar Beauty, daughter of Sleeping Beauty, and unfortunately best friend forever after of Apple White.  Not that I held that against her, of course.

"Hey Briar, how's it going?"  I asked.

"Fabelous, what about you?"

"Great."  I replied then the class started.

"Hello girls."  Madam Maid Marian greeted.

"Good morning Madam Maid Marian.'  We chorused in reply.

"Today we are going to be practicing how to call to your future princes when you need them to come and rescue you.'  Most of the Royals smiled or clapped quietly to themselves, while the Rebels either didn't care or groaned.  This is going to be a long lesson.