Chapter 16

It's the next morning and I have just gotten out of the shower. I changed into some comfortable jeans and a sweatshirt. I dried my hair, brushed it, and then put it in a braid. I wasn't thinking about impressing anyone, because my guess is we will be on a train or plane for a very long time.

I put on a few rings and left my closet. I made sure I had everything, which I did, and I grabbed my wand. I used the levitation charm to bring my suitcases and backpack down. I saw everyone standing in the living room and I ran in. Since you enter the living room I put my bags down by the door and then handed the parents their gifts.

"I put a charm on it so you can't open them until Christmas morning," I said with a small smirk.

They all smiled and thanked me. They then handed each of us an envelope. I opened mine and read it.

"Hello, Lyra,

If you haven't figured it out yet you are going to Florida! We're not going to tell you exactly where because of that's part of the surprise. Every day there will be a board that says what you will be doing.

Anyways, this is your Christmas present and all of us hope you enjoy it!"

All of the parents signed and I smiled, "Thank you!"

"You're welcome, Lyra," Narcissa said with a smile.

Inside of the envelopes were also our passports and tickets. We said goodbye and then apparated to the airport. We checked in our suitcases and then headed over to security. Surprisingly, none of us or our bags were taken to the side. Once we found the security we found a place that was hidden from muggles but it wasn't for us. It was so we could trade wizarding world money for British money and American money. 

We walked into a few stores and got plenty of drinks and snacks. This was a nine and a half-hour plane ride! I got a few books and I headed back to the others and paid. We then left the stores and headed to our gate.

We waited for about twenty minutes before we were able to board. Of course, we were in first class, so we were able to board pretty soon. We all sat with our soulmates and Pansy seemed perfectly happy with having two I guess you could say pods to herself. 

I sat by the window and Draco sat in the aisle. Blaise and Ginny were right across the aisle from us so we were right by each other. I showed everyone how to use the little tv and then sat back down in my seat. I got my pillow and blanket from my backpack and put it at my feet. I grabbed my earbuds from my pocket and I plugged them into the tv. I didn't put them in yet because I didn't want to watch anything yet, but I knew I would eventually. I put my phone on airplane mode and told the others to right before the seatbelt light came on.

Once we reached cruising height I unbuckled and I crossed my legs and sat against the window. Draco unbuckled, got out his phone, put in his earbuds, and laid his head in my lap. He laid there listening to music while I read and I laughed at how much he does this. If we're studying in the common room we will be in this position and we will be reading our books.

I saw Ginny and Blaise messing with each other across from us and smiled. I put my earbuds in and listened to music while I read and the time didn't seem as long. Sure it seemed long but not as long.

***

"Remind me to never eat food from an airplane ever again!" Draco exclaimed as we walked off of the plane and out to the main airport.

"I told you to get plenty of food from the stores but what do you know you didn't listen to!" I exclaimed back.

He sighed and took hold of my hand. I rolled my eyes but I didn't remove my hand. I lead everyone to the bathrooms and then when they were done to the baggage claim area. We were able to find all of our bags within twenty minutes and then I headed to the car loan with Blaise since the cars were under our names.

We got the cars and drove over to the entrance where the others were waiting. Draco, Pansy, and I went in my car and Astoria, Theo, Gin, and Blaise went into Blaise's car. I lead the way to the address we were given and eventually, we were at an amazing hotel. Since the rooms were under the Malfoy name Draco went in to get the room keys while we went and parked.

As we were unpacking the cars Draco came running over to us and handed us the keys. He explained that it was more of a condo then multiple hotel rooms. We all said ok and then continued to unpack the car.

Once we were done we headed up to our condo and since Pansy had the least amount of stuff she opened the door. It was amazing! The living room and kitchen were both beautiful. There were four bedrooms. We decided that Theo would have his room, Blaise and Draco would share a room, Pansy and Astoria would share a room, and Gin and I would share a room. We all headed to our chosen rooms and put our things in them before heading out to the kitchen.

I walked over and saw a poster on the refrigerator. 

Today's events

Unpack and relax! You can walk around and go swimming in the pool if you'd like! 

Meals

There's money in the closest drawer to the fridge to the left with enough money to buy pizza!

I grabbed the money and I got the orders. I got out my phone and called the number they left. I ordered two large stuffed crust cheese pizzas and two large stuffed crust pepperoni pizzas.

The pizza was soon sent up to our room and for the rest of the night, we unpacked and relaxed. We even went swimming for a good two hours.