Jason The Toymaker (pt. 1)

The sharp scent of blood pinched his nostrils and the most unpleasant thing was that slender body which wasn't moving anymore. Her last breath has already dissolved in the air several minutes ago, while that thick red colour slowly spread on the floor. It has all happened so quickly: she's tried to lie, to make a foul of him and when things got worse in a little argument, a tug on her arm has changed the course of their lives. The loss of stability, the edge of the furniture and finally the silence.
It wasn't my fault, Jason thought, it was a terrible incident!

He was standing on foot in front of that little girl's corpse, breathless, and the only witnesses of the incident were the puppets he build that surrounded them. In the shop there were only him and the corpse.
When Jason's blood  started to circulate again, he understood that he should find a solution and couldn't stand still there without doing anything. But the situation was too complicated.

"They'll put me behind the bars and throw away the key" he became desperate, "I... I'm not an assassin! I just wanted to scold her, she fooled me with the thing of the defective puppet for having a new one in return!" he made a little turn around and looked back at the corpse, but that time he gave an accusatory stare, "It was all your fault!" he screamed enraged, "You made all of this happen!".

He decided to hide the accident and the first thing he did was to close the shop  not to make someone else to enter. He took the little girl in the workshop, where he created the toys that everyone acclaimed as works of art, and he put her on the working table. In that room there was a sharp scent of paint, but it wasn't enough to cover neither the smell of blood nor the horror that was going to happen next.
Jason put the hands on his head, digging the fingers among his dark mahogany flocks and pushed himself to find a solution. His stare stopped on a snake-shaped puppet laying on the floor. It was one of his first creations, after that unusual accident, and as if by magic everything was clear for him. He didn't have to worry. 

He grabbed the hand saw and got closer to the body. He used that object to cut wooden pieces he needed for creating some toys, but not that day.
Jason took a deep breath, his body was trembling and his heart beat so fast to make him feel the pain. He lifted the hand saw and closed his eyes refusing to see the horror that was going to happen.
Four hours later, the purple snake was still laying down on the floor but he got more inflated. Jason was sitting on a chair and in silence in front of the blood-soaked table. Tears stopped to pour from his face when he managed to stop fighting against the feeling of sickness. In that moment he was just stunned and his big ember-colored eyes seemed to become blackened and slit. The corpse was gone, laying in the snake's mouth, and together with it Jason's last piece of humanity too.

"How could something like this happen? How did I arrive at this point?".
And the answer was just a name: Amelia.
Oh, Amelia, his childhood friend. The one and only! Because before her arrival, Jason has always been a child locked in his silence. Locked in his own world.
His parents were strict but wanted to see him studying all day and in the house where he lived toys were forbidden. Mom and dad weren't bad people, he knew they loved him but they weren't able to show their affection. Like every parent, they wanted their son to be perfect and with a brilliant future but all that pressure was too much for a 9-year-old child. As for Jason, he made everything he could to make them feel proud of him: he was a model student at school and obedient. Even though his great dedication, it has never been enough.

Even if he couldn't have any toys at home, Jason has built some little wooden figurines he kept in the school garden. Away from his parents' reach, he could play with them without being punished. He kept them hidden underground, just like a priceless treasure, until the day a child named Amelia noticed him.
To tell the truth, it has always been the teacher asking Amelia to go to him. She was a sunny and friendly child, while he has been bashful and shy. Every attempt to make him approach other children failed and over time his peers started to make fun of him. That teacher just wanted to help Jason and she kind of did it, but sacrificing Amelia.
Jason wasn't weak, on the contrary, he was a perfect manipulator and master of deception. He was like a wolf hiding behind the mask of the lamb, however he became attached to little Amelia.