IX-You and I

Time skip
Three days later
[L/N] household
Author POV

Dazai: [Y/N]-chan, please...

Dazai: Don't do this...

Dazai: Don't do this to yourself...

Dazai: [Y/N]-chan... reply to my texts... please...

You sighed frustrated as you read through the considerable number of message Dazai has sent you only today. It's been three days since the two of you came back, but you refused to go back to the agency since it felt so... wrong...

"How could I possibly kill someone without hesitation..." you would tell to yourself. "How could I possibly call myself a detective since I... I killed someone...?"

These thoughts were running in a circle like a toy train in your mind... You tried so hard to not let it get to you too much, but it was already too late...

The whole situation was eating your mind out...

You felt some hot tears rolling down on your face as you covered your face with the blanket, hiding under it when you heard your phone's notification sound which made you flinch a little.

Dazai: That's it, I'm done

"He's done...?" You muttered as you stared at his last message. "He's done with what? With my shitty attitude? I am, too"

"[Y/N]-chan" said a woman's voice as a few knocks were heard at the door of your room. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah..." you muttered, but loud enough for the voice to hear you

It was just your grandma... The only person you had and that was still alive... In other words, your only family left. Even if you never got to experience the love of a mother, your grandma always made sure to give you enough, no matter what. You were her one and only precious granddaughter, of course she loved you nonetheless, that even today, you still live with her. She couldn't let go of you, nor you could and decided to live together until the very end.

"How are you feeling, sweetie?" Your grandma asked before she took a seat on your bed, next to you and started to caress your forehead gently

"Awful..." you muttered as you looked away

"Oh, sweetie..." she sighed as you did the same. "If you stay here and cry, you won't solve anything... You can't bring the dead ones with bitter tears that you shed..."

"I know..." you whispered. "But at least it's making me feel a little better..."

"It doesn't seem like that to me..."

"Don't worry about me... I'll be fine... Just give me some time and I'll be good"

"Well... There's someone who says that you shouldn't be left alone anymore..."

"And that someone is...?"

"Me..." replied a way too familiar voice as you raised your head and looked at who was at the door frame

"Dazai..." you muttered as he looked at you with a sad smile on his face while holding a bouquet of flowers

"I'll leave you kids alone" said your grandma as she passed by Dazai and whispered to him. "Thank you so much for coming, Dazai-kun. You're the only one that can make her feel better"

"Leave it to me, grandma" he whispered back. "It's my job to bring back [Y/N]-chan's smile on her face"

After you grandma left and closed the door behind her, an awkward silence fell in the room, both not knowing what to do or say until Dazai decided to break the silence and came closer.