XXI-Of paper bones and porcelain skin part 1

Time skip
Two weeks later
Author POV

"Flowers scattering. Still a lovely sight to behold"

You thought out loud as the blossoms of the cherry tree from the neighbour's backyard were flying to your bedroom's balcony, a small rug of pink flowers forming in front of the glass doors.

"So long as there are fresh buds..."

Flowers shall never fade.

.
.
.

Just another quiet morning for the members of the Armed Detective Agency. For two weeks straight, there was only peace and silence. No attacks from the Mafia, no threats from the Guild. Two perfect weeks.

You stretched a little before getting back in the bed when you saw a certain someone, next to you, stirring in his slumber, making you chuckle a little.

Dazai buried his face in the pillow, wanting to fall back asleep, but the thought was tossed in the trash when he felt something cold on his back.

"Holy fu-- [Y/N]-chan!" He whined, looking at you

"What?" You asked with the most innocent look on your face as you took your legs from his back

"Your feet are cold!" He whined, clearly unsatisfied with your actions, shaking from the sudden cold feeling he had running through his whole body now, thanks to you

"And your back is warm" you shrugged him off

"If you wanted to get warm, why didn't you say so sooner?" He asked, giving a perverted look, still half asleep

You rolled your eyes, taking the pillow from under your head only to throw it in his head, earning a muffled "oof" from him which made you laugh at him.

"Holy shit" you cursed between your laughs. "How the actual fuck do you manage to say that when you get your head smashed by a pillow"

You continued to laugh, but in the meantime, Dazai took off the pillow from his head to only look at you with an adoring smile on his face.

"Every morning with you starts with sincere laughter and genuine smiles. Please, let this happen every morning for the rest of our lives" he thought before he engulfed you in a hug, catching you with your guard down

"Osamu~!"

.
.
.

Time skip
At the Armed Detective Agency

"Aaaand two weeks of peace and quiet are gone"

You sighed frustrated as you erased the "14 days without getting almost killed" mark from a small white board on one of the walls of the Agency and wrote a 0 there. You looked at your teammates who just got treated by Yosano and sighed again, massaging your temples in frustration as they were half dead on the desks.

"I talked too early when I said that it's too quiet" you thought. "What have I asked for? At least another peaceful week. What did we get? Teammates attacked by the Port Mafia and the freaking Guild. Oh! And on top of that"

You walked out of the office, following your beloved boyfriend after he said that he has something to show you as you got mentally ready for anything that was going to happen next.

The door of the infirmary opened and you saw a tall woman being tied up on a hospital bed.

"We have a hostage from the Port Mafia. Great. Just freaking great" you sighed exasperated as you closed the door behind you