XXVI-It's getting a little bit crazier

Time skip
Author POV

"Are you sure about this?"

You looked around in the driveway where you and Dazai were, waiting for the government agent he was talking about. Just the thought made you shiver. What if the fact that you are the daughter of the Port Mafia's boss went to their ears and they were going to arrest you?

But you knew that Dazai wouldn't let that happen. He looked pretty confident and knew that his idea will help you all make out of this war safely.

"One hundred percent sure!~" he replied, giving you a reassuring smile. "You're going to meet one of my old good friends from my mafia days"

"Sure..." You muttered

In the distance, the sound of a car's engine could be heard and slowly, it was getting closer to the two of you.

In front of you stopped a dark brown car and out of it stepped three unknown individuals, the serious looks on their faces gave you the chills, while Dazai was walking towards a tall man with black hair who was pushing his round glasses on the bridge of his nose.

"It's been several years, Dazai-kun" the man said, being followed by, what you thought of being, his subordinates. "It gave me quite the shock when you contacted me"

Name: Sakaguchi Ango
Ability name: Discourse on decadence

"Oh, Ango!" Dazai exclaimed as he opened his arms like he was going to hug to government agent. "You look so well!"

But the hug wasn't going to happen.

Dazai walked behind Ango's back and swiped off of him his gun, pointing it to the back of his head while the agent's subordinates were pointing their weapons to Dazai's neck. One was holding a katana close to his neck, and the other one pointed his gun to his head.

"You've got some serious nerve to come, Ango" Dazai spoke in a deadly lower voice. "Do you think I've actually forgiven you?"

"Osamu!" You raised your voice at him, making his gaze snap back at you

"It was me who cleaned your ledger" Ango said, looking at Dazai from over his shoulder. "You owe me one, am I wrong?"

An intense moment followed after Ango's words, which made you feel a bit anxious. Maybe Dazai's plan won't work like he wanted to.

"The one who cleaned his ledger?" You thought before Dazai gave Ango back his gun. "What did this guy do to Osamu to clean his ledger? I don't think it's normal to clean someone's ledger out of kindness... Right?"

"Yeah, you're right" Dazai said, shrugging it off. "Your gun's empty. You knew this would happen, so you didn't load it, huh?"

"You're quick to pick that up, aren't you? It makes the situation a lot easier" Ango sighed before he noticed your presence and awkwardly coughed in his fist. "Dazai-kun, you haven't told me anything about bringing a lady with you. I hope she's not here to listen to our conversation and--"

"Nope!" Dazai cut him off before he walked back to you and grabbed you by the hips, pulling you closer to him. "She's with me"

"Oh, a colleague from the Detective Agency, I suppose?" Ango asked

"My name is [L/N] [Y/N]" You introduced yourself after you got out of Dazai's embrace and held your hand for Ango to shake it. He was a government agent and an old friend of Dazai, after all. You had to show some respect

"A.k.a, my girlfriend" Dazai said, hiding his irritated mood with a smile

"The pleasure is mine, [L/N]-san" Ango said as he took your hand in his and shook it. "I'm Sakaguchi Ango, assistant counselor of the Special Ability Department"