Chapter 05

Brian nearly shouted excited that it wasn't him. They all folded their hands when Roman started talking:" Dear heavenly spirit. Thank you that we all made it back and nothing bad happened, thank you for our food. Amen." his prayer was followed by a chorus of 'Amen'.

Most of them had already food on their plate when Chae grabbed the spoon getting only a tiny portion, which earned her strange looks from everyone around her. That was when Brian noticed the bloody band-aid on her finger:" What happened"

Chae started to blush and hid her face behind her hands making the wound more visible for the others. Gisele chuckled: "She cut herself while cutting the peppers."

Most of them laughed at that, her reaction made them, even more, laugh, she hid her face in her elbow. Dom smiled at her:" Does it hurt?" The Korean just shook her head, still hiding.

Han laughed patting the back of her head: "It's alright" When they all calmed down they continued eating. When Roman and Gisele fought for the spoon for their third portion Chae-Won finished her first, tiny portion.

Han calmly grabbed the spoon that the two others were still fighting for and put some more onto her plate. The black-haired girl looked at him with wide eyes. Yes, she was hungry, but she didn't want to eat more, she worked so hard for her body and she wanted to preserve that.

Hanrested his elbows on the sides of his plate now being more on her height he spoke to her quietly:" You need to eat, I can hear your stomach grumbling. You don't need to diet." Chae-Won chocked on her water looking shocked at her new friend:" What do you mean?"

Han just raised an eyebrow and the smaller one gave up and started to eat what he had shoveled on her plate. Brian saw what happened and wondered what he could have said to her, but was happy that she was eating the food.

After everyone was finished with eating they just sat there for a moment before Han told everyone that he and Chae would clean up and wash the dishes, he was trying to keep her busy and to not worry about the fact that she ate more than she wanted.

They cleaned in silence before they proceeded to wash the dishes. Chae was washing them and he dried them off, with the statement, that he was able to reach the upper cabinets.

Chae was quiet. She was embarrassed and confused: How did he know?

Han leaned against a wall looking at the girl that was drying of her hands. He already had a bag of snacks in his hand:" Chae? Why do you think that you need to diet?" She just shrugged her shoulders while peeling off her soaked band-aid.

He sighed:" Is it because of someone, like a boyfriend?" Chae didn't answer, she just ran off, having tears in her eyes.

Gisele, that was sitting in their room looked up surprised when the short woman ripped open the door, before slamming it shut. "Don't ask", was the only thing she said before she grabbed her camera and ran out of the house, into Rio.

She didn't want to cry, she didn't cry for such a long time but now everything came back to her. How her boyfriend, now ex-boyfriend, always told her that she was to fat and that she needed to diet.

She took the trains back into the main part of the city searching for a gym. Walking in she was nervous, she didn't speak Portuguese but she wanted to work out so badly.