Chapter Three: Devastating News

The morning sun toasted over the land, awakening Sarafina, who was covered in dry mud. She stretched her jaw, opening her eyes all the way. "I'm awake!" She yapped. Nyah slowly opened her eyes, getting up and stretching.

"What happend to you yesterday?" Nyah tiredly spoke. Sarafina tilted her head awkwardly, "Well... I was heading home and I got lost..." She sighed, looking down. Nyah smiled, licking Sarafina, "That's alright. Just remember to not venture off that far without one of us." Nyah rebuked.  Sarafina rubbed her eyes slowly, "Alright, mum." She giggled as she ran over to her mum and purred against her leg.

Soon, Monifa woke up from all the talking. She plodded over to them, "What's going on guys?" Monifa articulated. Sarafina dizzily leaned forward to her gran, "Mummy just gave me a pep talk." She dazed. Nyah soothingly laughed. "Come on. How about you go and run on the field with your nan?" Nyah would butt her little cub gently. "Alrightttt." Sarafina blinked adorably.  Monifa tittered, shoving Sarafina down the hill playfully.

When she hit the bottom, sand mounted into the air, making Sarafina sneeze charmingly. Monifa crept down carefully nudging Sarafina and running around the field. Sarafina chuckled softly, "Wait up!" She squealed. Sarafina chased after Monifa.

They ran through the sandy coated hills, kicking grains of sand around every time they took a leap. The sky was empty, only to see the boiling sun, floating above.  A breeze was tugged in, and the hot spring air was now a coat of blistering coldness. Dark clouds began scoring in, painting the sky in navy grey.

They both sat down, so they could cool off in the wind. "Wow.." Sarafina mumbled, "I never knew you were so fast..."  Monifa glared at Sarafina, "One day you'll be fast. When I was your age, I was a strong speedy lioness." Monifa begun, while Sarafina listend in amusement, "And then what?" Sarafina spiked her ears up high. "Well, whenever I turned out to be the prey, I just ran from them and their stubby legs failed their buffet." Monifa mercifully laughs. Rain began to heavily fall, mid-morning. "It's raining!" Sarafina shrieked. Monifa picked Sarafina up with her mouth and began running.

Monifa's paws stumbled in the rocks and mud, causing her to slip flat-jack on her belly. Monifa groaned in pain, she wounded her stomach badly. She let go Sarafina , who was drenched. the ground started collecting water, but when It was full the water started flooding the surface. Monifa clinged onto the ground with her claws, there were a deep swampy ditch behind her. If she were to let go she'd be carried down by the water to her death.

Sarafina was scared, she shivered in fright. The water covered her ankles below. The sky went cloudy and gloom-full.  Sarafina climbed onto a rock for her own good. She turned around to see her gran wasn't there. "GRAN!" She screamed in sadness. Kito and Imari ran over with terror, their paws drenched in mud. Lighting struct, lighting up the sky with fright. Kito skidded to the edge of the ditch looking down, "MUM!?" He terrorized depressingly. His eyes were going left to right, searching the swamp. Imari picked Sarafina up in Panic. Sarafina hung there in Imari's mouth,  her mouth was covered in a big frown as her ears went floppy. Sarafina looked down at the moving ground below her, letting the water from the rain drip down her face.

Imari arrived home, eyebrows quenched, and head hung low. She let go off Sarafina and let her run to her parents.

Baraka stood up and walked forwards shaking his head slowly, "W-Where is my mum?!" He stuttered worriedly. Soon after he said that his brother arrived, angry on the inside but sad on the outside. Imari rose her head slowly, clattering her teeth, "D-Devastating news..." Imari collapsed in Anxiety. Kito ran up to Imari, pulling her up and snuggling her.

Tears flooded everyone's faces. Nyah pulled Sarafina closer to her tucking her head over her upset cub. Baraka walked over to his mate and cub and put a paw around Nyah, head hung low.