Chapter Six: For The Best

I started writing the first bit of this chapter after I finished chapter five (OCT2019). But, account got lost and life continued... But now I'm going to continue, for no reason in particular, writing this dead story in 2022!

lol

.

.

.

Nayh crept down low, Baraka beside her. They shifted through the shadowy grass quietly, approaching a herd of Impalas. "When I say go, run..." Nyah whispered, Baraka looks at her stenly and nods his head. "Three..." They approach the herd much closer, as the Impalas continue eating the grass. "Two..." One of the Impala's go still and bend up, looking around. "One..." The noticed Impala screeches, warning others from likely danger. "GO!" They both charge out, growling and leaping. Baraka hooks onto an Impala's thigh, with his claws as he kicks the ground to make it stop running. The herd runs off quickly, leaving the caught one behind. The Impala's skid across the rough dirt, far away from Nyah and Baraka. 

The Impala screeches, kicking with it's antlers. Nyah jumps on it's back, scratching it.  Sooner than later, the Impala gives up, getting onto it's knees and collapsing. Nyah tugs at it's antlers as she mumbles, "Good catch." Baraka grins slightly as he roars to colonize victory. Baraka runs up to Nyah, licking her. Nyah would stare at him sharply with a little grin. They both pull the Impala across the ground by it's antlers, back home.

Kito groans, grabbing onto a little brown, speckled lizard and putting it to his face, "So... Where's your manners, scavenging through a lion's den!" Kito roars, holding the miniature reptile by it's little foot. It did not speak. "SPEAK!" Kito roared again. "No." It'd quickly mumble. "Speak for me or you'll be my snack!" Kito growled, hanging it above his mouth, "fine!" It squeaked.  Kito smiles, lowering it down from his mouth and placing it on his cushioned paw. "I want to know your name." The lion grumbled, flickering the lizard off of his paw. The lizard squinted, shivering his head, "Asani." It peeped, beginning to crawl off. "Where do you think you're going, Asani?!" Kito squints his eyebrows, snarling. Asani would turn around, wide eyed, "n-nowhere! Ju-" Kito would interrupt, "of course you were going somewhere!" Asani would gulp, "Why do you want me anyway..?" The gnarly lizard would reply. "I want you here to be my messenger!" Kito smirked, patting Asani's little head. "M-Messenger?" - "Yes, you idiot. Just... Go find a tannish little cub, turquoise eyes with an older lioness, who looks like me, but with no mane!" He grins devilishly, shoving Asani away. Asani raised an eyebrow, before heading off down the dunes and into the dry meadows. 

Sarafina and Sarabi paw jump each other! "Ahah! Sarabi giggles, gently swatting Sarafina into the pond. Water would splash onto Imari, awakening her. Imari squints her eyebrows with a straight smile, shoving Sarabi into the water with Sarafina gently.

The two cubs would swim around, splashing each other with water. Off put, Imari would notice a lizard taking a peep at them through the grass. Imari got up and squatted the lizard away, "I hate lizards..." She grumps, heading back over to the pond and laying back down.

Asani whined cross, rubbing his head. "At least I know where they are..." He mumbled annoyed, running back to the dens.

Asani arrived back to Kito, who was chewing on an Impala limb from the impala his brother and sister in-law had caught earlier. "So..." Kito shrugged cluelessly, chucking a bone away. "Did you find them?!" Kito snapped. "Uh! Yea! I think so- At a little watering whole near Pride Rock, lion guy!" Kito growled at Asani, "Lion guy!? No way! Heh... Call me SIRE." Kito grouched. "Uh! Sire? Isn't that for-" Asani would stopped, by the death stare of Kito, clattering his claws on the ground. "Uh! Yes! Sire.. Indeed!" Asani gulped. "Good." Kito compelled, leaning down for Asani to crawl up onto his shoulder and Asani did so. Sooner than later, Kito ran off slickly, down the hills and into the grassy oasis.