Chapter 6: Undo

Manny woke in a cold sweat. He remembered having a nightmare but didn't remember what it was about. He looked around him to find himself in his bed. Next to him was Daniel sound asleep, snoring and drooling. He had fallen asleep a while after the huge quarrel between his adoptive fathers.

Before he did, Harry explained to him that the teachers were staying. While he still hated them, he had Harry and Robin and they weren't going to take them away again. Althea did say they didn't have their powers anymore.

He looked at the alarm clock next to his bed. It said 3:00 am. He sighed, getting up and sitting on the side of his bed. He sighed.

"Why do I always wake up so early?" Manny wondered, his feet dangling on the side of his bed. "Pretty sure I'm nocturnal." Manny got off of his bed. He looked at the sides of his room and saw Harry and Robin sleeping in their beds.

He smiled to himself. He was so grateful they were here, alive and well. They could finally be a family. A true, true family. Everything was perfect. But...he still felt strange. He should be happy that his friends are back but he still felt... empty.

"I'm probably just hungry." Manny thought.

He sighed a bit. He tiptoed carefully out of the room so he wouldn't wake up the others up. He slowly walked downstairs. He walked into kitchen for something to eat.

"Ok, let's be healthy. I can make healthy decisions!" Manny thought as he searched though the fridge for food.

"Look I bought this salad. I decided to buy it. Boom! Healthy decision! ...I gonna eat this cake now." He thought as he pulled out a huge chocolate cake.

" He thought as he pulled out a huge chocolate cake

Manny placed the cake on the table in the kitchen.

"Wait why do we even have this cake?" Manny wondered. "Eh whatever. I'm still eating this." He cut a slice for him with a knife he found in the kitchen. He put the slice on his plate and began eating.

After a while, nearly half of the cake was gone. Manny face was covered in chocolate frosting. He wiped his face and laid back in his chair. He sighed heavily.

"Well I'm stuffed." He sighed to himself. "But I still feel strange..."

Manny was so confused. Why did he feel this way? He had everything. His friends were back, the teachers wouldn't hurt him again, he had Alice and Althea and Danny. He couldn't ask for more. So why did he still feel so empty?

He looked down at the table with a groan in frustration. He saw the knife next to the cake. He picked it up to examine its sharpness. He stared at it for a while, the atmosphere of the room becoming dark. He slowly brought the knife to his wrist and-