Chapter 1

Kate's P.O.V.

It's finally the day me and my father move away from New York. This city full of high buildings and so many people isn't my type of a place. All this is just pushing me away. Each day I had to come back home and fall asleep to cars beeping outside all night, so my father finally decided to move. I haven't seen the house yet, but I bet it's wonderful. Father said the town is surrounded by the forest and there's hardly EVER any traffic.

On our way there i felt butterflies in my stomach, not because of fear, it was excitement.

"How far are we?"

"Will you stop asking me this every time we pass a sign?" Dad laughed. "At the end of the highway will be a bridge. We have to cross it and we'll be right in the town. Oh and, by the way, the house is not far from academy you got accepted to." He added.

"I am so excited for this! And of course you had to keep it a secret for so-WOAH! DID YOU SEE THAT? STOP THE CAR!"

"What?" Dad stopped the car.

"I just saw something running behind the trees, there, in the woods! It was like a flash,*POOF* and gone! I swear it didn't seem like an animal. " I pointed.

"You need some sleep. You are hallucinating." He laughed.

"I guess you are right. My mind is probably all exhausted from this journey.  "I breathed out and leaned against the car seat.

.

.

.

.

When we got to the town. First thing I spotted, was a gigantic lake behind the forest, i saw it from the bridge. Also there are some small food shops and cafes around the town. I couldn't really see anything else since it is so dark. We are about two and a half hours away from the city so it's supposed to be quiet as my dad said.
I think i might like it here.

"And here we are. Our new house. " He parked in the driveway.

"It's so huge!" I stepped out.

Dad locked the car and we headed inside.

The house is so cozy and roomy, even if all of the furniture isn't here yet. The kitchen is fully equipped and so are bathrooms, rooms have beds in them but that's it. The furniture arrives tomorrow, that's when we'll get to work.

"Take the rooms!" He locked eyes with me.

We both headed to the 2nd floor racing the stairs. I know he wanted me to pick first, cause i saw him pretend to be slow. I didn't even think about where i'm going, I enetered the first room my hand reached out for, and It was perfect.

"I take this one." I smiled looking around, my mind already making up ideas of how it'll look after it's furnished.

"Good, now we get some sleep and in the morning, when the truck arrives, we'll get to work our asses off." Dad winked and went back downstairs.

"Night." I yelled.

"Night."

|Next Morning|

I got up pretty early. "This day is going to be so productive! Keep that positive vibe in mind Kate!" I motivated myself.

I should check what dad is up to.

"Good morning. "I smiled coming downstairs.

"Hey...I am almost done with furniture in living room. I really like how it looks." I grabbed some paintings and old photos, and hang them on the walls.