Chapter 6

Kate's P.O.V.

I felt such a headache, my ribs hurt so bad. I could nearly walk. My leg was bleeding. It happened so fast. I felt like I was going to fall and die right there, the next step i took.

I was walking trough the forest, hoping to get far away from that Mansion. I still couldn't comprehend what i just saw.

I felt myself get weaker with every step I took further into the forest. I tried to keep on going but my leg hurt so bad, I couldn't. I fell on the grass and leaned against a tree.
What am I going to tell dad about this? I can't tell him about what happened. He'll never believe me...and i might end up in the rehab again!

Joey's P.O.V.

What a boring night.

I jumped in my bed looking at the ceiling. "There are always couple things i could do on a Saturday night." I looked at my closet, quickly grabbing a towel and my swim shorts.

I really hope Marcus is asleep...I don't think he would mind me walking around the forest for a bit.

Anyway no people are allowed on the other side of the lake. So they won't see me here.

Yeah, I live next to the forbidden zone. No people live here or are allowed here, so It is a good place for us to live.

Yes, I said, us.
I live with the one and only person that changed me into a vampire. Marcus.
It is kinda lame and i do still hate him for that but at the same time, he had a reason.

Also in this house I live with. Maya, Scott, Mathew, Dillon and Heyes. Maya owns her own bar in the town, so she rarely comes home, because she basically lives there. And she is the one and only who met Kate the first day we saw her in the town.
I rarely talk to anyone here except Marcus. I don't feel like they are my family, more like a little prison for Vampires hosted my Marcus. But we learned a lot here, and most importantly, how to control ourselves, how to walk slowly, how to eat human food and controlling eye color if we see blood.

I've been a vampire only for 19 years. I'm the youngest in the house and they still consider me a threat.
I've been studying all about vampires for all these years. But there is one thing I have not yet learned, I don't know how to make a difference between a Human and a Vampire. There are not many differences between us if you look from my point of view.
For example: Vampires also have blood flowing in their organism, except our heart doesn't beat. Then, it is really hard to tell which is blood of a human and which is not. And our wounds heal approximately 10% faster than human wounds, which also is not much of a difference.

After my learning was done i begged Marcus for months to let me go to Academy and connect with humans again. He was very mad about this decision, cuz in his mind i was too young to go out. But he let me under one condition, not to make any close friends.
And of course i broke the promise, since i do have a crew already.

I looked around the house to see if everyone's asleep and made my way back to my room. I opened the window, jumped out and run into the forest.
I was pretty far away from the house now so I could stop running.

I walked down the little road as it ended and in front of me I saw a big mansion. This looks pretty similar to-

'' OH NO.'' I whispered loudly my voice a bit shaking. I started to back away as soon as I remembered.

By looking around i smelled something, and I know this smell. Blood.
I ran to the other side of the house where the smell came from to check it out.

I looked up and saw that one of the mansion's windows was open. It was hitting the side of the mansions wall because of the slow wind. Someone was in there. And it definitely was a person. I can smell it.
I started to back away from the house while all the memories brought me back to where it all started. I saw myself screaming. Crying. Mom...I saw my mom. She-