Chapter 2

Kate's P.O.V.

First step i took when i walked into the building already made me regret being here. A public school. An academy. This place is so big, I can barely remember where my house is, and in this huge academy I won't even find a bathroom.

I walked the hallways and everyone kept glancing at me just like the day at the bar. This town has it going on with accepting new people with deadly glares. I stopped by the lockers looking back, i think i might've been here already. I looked around and then a guy walked up me.

"H-Hey, you're the new one here, right? Kate?" He asked.

"Yeah, I am. And if It's not a secret, who are you?"

He seemed to be nervous.

"Oh yeah...sorry. I am-"

"Mister douche-bag, that's who he is." One guy walked past me and pushed him aside.

"And what about you hottie?" He winked at me.

"Well, I guess people just hate to admit it to themselves, so they go around bullying others who seem vulnerable." I crossed my arms smirking at him. I don't know this guy or the guy he just called a douche-bag, but the guy tried to help me. I am not gonna just stand looking at people being bullied.

"Oh I see...miss sass is in the town." He changed his face expression.

"Sorry, didn't get that. I don't understand your barking. Now if i throw a stick, will you leave?" I waved him off with my hand as he left furious.

"You'll get it one day..." Were his words before leaving.

"Woah, thanks for that! No one ever talks to Dave like that. " He said.

"So what's your name?" I looked back at him.

"I am Cory. I'm in students council, I was assigned to help you around the academy." He smiled.

"Well, then you just saved me. I have no Idea where to go. "I breathed out in a relief.

"How about a tour?" He suggested.

"I'm in."

Joey's P.O.V.

"DUDE! You should have seen that!" I saw Tyler running on my way.

"What?"

"The new girl just totally sassed the shit out of Dave!"

"You are kidding, right?" I rose my eyebrows.

"No I'm not. You had to see that. Dave called Cory a douche-bag, and then he was all like 'hottie' and shit to her, but she stood up for Cory and hit Dave back with the same rock." He laughed.

"I told Dave to quit it with Cory...he never listened."

"He'll never learn." Tyler crossed his arms.

"I'll go talk to Cory." I stood up.

"Okay, I need to head back to my team. The training starts soon." Tyler ran back to the gym.

That day at the bar kept repeating in my mind for these three days. It wasn't out of ordinary, something about her seemed unknown. Or maybe I was too exhausted that day...who knows. I might be overreacting after all.

Kate's P.O.V.

Cory kept showing me around.

"Here's the library. Not many students spend time around here. Mainly they just walk in to grab a book and leave, but this library has been here before this whole place turned into an academy. My friend Robert loves this place. By the way, i haven't been told which class you're assigned to?"