Another Ending (You're welcome ^.^)

Alright gang. It took 2 years and much, much convincing. But after rereading the first draft of NLNP, I realized I might in fact enjoy writing a "traditional happy ending." (Yet I still can't help but cringe... lol)

Now, this is not to replace the ending I wrote before because I personally really, really enjoy having the cliff hanger. But, I decided that just for fun I'd continue the story a little longer for all of you Fabbie/Finnigail shippers. (whichever you prefer to call them? are there other names?)

It's unedited because heaven knows if I had tried to edit I would have just scrapped the whole thing because that's how my Type A, Perfectionist brain works. So you gotta deal with whatever comes in the next few pages, okay? Good. :)

okay, okay enough rambling. get on with it woman.

XOXO

sophie9630

[10/22/19] UPDATE: I feel like my previous title of this chapter didn't explain well enough what it was, and left a lot of people skipping over it. (The opposite of what I wanted to happen..) So I fixed it. *this is not in fact new, for those of you who did read it*

****

Sunshine warmed the gentle spring breeze blowing through the little Irish village. It caught a patch of dandelions and sent their cottony seeds flying in little swirls around and around. Leaves shook happily on their branches and the grass below bent in salutation to passing crowds of people.

Finn inhaled deeply. Spring was perhaps his favorite time of year. Everything began new again in spring, and after a particularly chilly winter a new beginning was exactly what the former pirate needed.

He sidestepped some children running after a grey-spotted dog, their laughter pulling up the corners of his mouth. Careful not to drop the fresh loaves of bread in the basket he clutched, he continued down the old dirt road humming a little tune to himself.

He had already made four deliveries that morning, and still had two to go. Shannon's bread was a big hit in the neighborhood, and he was surprised to discover that she already been sharing her goods free of charge for years. He volunteered to start helping her with deliveries, hoping to use the time to reunite with the kind folk of his childhood.

Finn quickly discovered that people were madly in love with Shannon's recipe. They took each loaf like it were a precious gift, and made sure that Finn would give ample thanks to his sister upon returning home. After a while, he made a few inquiries and learned that people were willing to pay more than a few shillings for a fresh loaf daily. Because Shannon wasn't able to make more than a few extra loaves every month, there were apparently a number of quarrels over whose turn it was to have the treasure. The idea of paying only seemed to make sense to keep things fair.

Finn's heart swelled with pride to know how well loved his sister was in the neighborhood, and decided without question to invest in a better oven and a large stock of flour to heighten production. He'd been given a parting gift upon leaving the crew of The Iron Lady, and could think of no better way to spend their generosity.

The response was immediate. People began sharing the bread with other neighbors, and those people with their neighbors... Until nearly everyone in the village came clambering to the Hallinan door for their portion.

Finn began to realize that this had potential as a business venture and wondered if the family could actually put away some money if they began offering the bread for a small fee. Shannon heartily disagreed at first, partially from embarrassment and partially because she insisted that no one would want to pay for what they were already receiving for free.