Chapter 5

Diana's POV

Nakarating na kami sa room ni Franki.

"I really thought he's your boyfriend, and speaking of--bakit hindi kita--you never told me you have one. Are you dating one right now?."

"No."

"Why?."

"Obviously Franki, I don't need one."

"But it's nice to be inlove."

"Yeah it is, pero it's not my priority right now. Sige na, tuturuan pa kitang magtagalog."

Umupo na kami. Kinuha ko na ang laptop ko para ipakita sa kanya ang presentation na ginawa ko for new sets of words. At habang hinahanap ko pa ang file dahil nakalimutan ko kung anong filename nun,

"Diana, how do you say I love you too?."

"Mahal din kita."

"Oh okay. How about I love you?, tapos may name sa end. For example, I love you Franki."

"Mahal kita Franki."

"Mahal din kita Diana." Napatigil ako at napatingin sa kanya. Kalma self. She's just messing with you, wag kang magpapadala.

"Yieee you're kinikilig. Aminin." She said pinching my sides.

"Hindi kaya. Sige na, mag-aaral na tayo. The first word is oras. It means time and hour. Again, o-ras."

"Oras."

"Good. So what do you think is the term we call the clock?."

"Is this another A N ending term?. Like upuan and higaan?."

"Yes Franki."

"So it's orasan?."

"Yes it is."

"Pano if wrist watch?."

"Relo or relos."

"Okay, I think I got this."

"Sige, next is blablabla.."

Pagkalipas ng isang oras at kalahati, balik na naman kami sa pagvovlog.

In 3,2..1

"Hello guys! Welcome back to my channel! So, I am here again with my favorite guest. Let's welcome Diana Mackey!." Intro nya, so tumabi na ako agad at nagwave lang sa camera.

"Hello po sa lahat ng nanonood." Bati ko at ngumiti.

"You know, you should do that more often." Tingin niya sakin.

"What?."

"Flashing that beautiful smile."

Awkward silence. Diana, don't blush. She's just complimenting you for goodness sake. Umasa ka na naman, wala kang pag-asa dyan.

"Uhm anyway guys, I've read some of your dms and I took those questions na kailangan ng advice. And that's what we're doing today!. Right Diana?."

"Yes. So I have here the questions in this bowl. Ako ang magtatanong and Franki's gonna answer."

"What? No, you're going to advice din Diana haha."

"Franki, sinabi ko na sayo. I'm bad at giving advices."

"Well, that's their problem if they'll follow your crazy advice haha."

"Yeah, sila nalang mag-a-adjust."

"Let's just start na nga."

Bumunot nako ng question at binasa ito,

What would you do if you accidentally ripped a dress while fitting it inside a mall's fitting room? Take note: you don't have enough money to pay for it and your parents shouldn't know about this because they'll be glad sending you to jail rather than let you do another dumb sht again.

"Of course, you have to face the consequences of your own mistakes. I'll go for telling the truth or let yourself go to jail, I'm sure you wouldn't be stuck there for a longer period of time." Sabi ni Franki.

"For me naman, sana nagpatahi ka nalang. Besides, kung sa tingin mong medyo masikip sayo, wag mo nang ipilit na isuot. Maghanap ka ng may maliit na allowance. At kung alam mo palang di kaya ng budget mo, wag mo nang sukatin. Pero kung hindi ka talaga nag-iisip at pinilit mo parin at nasira na, tumawag ka ng isa sa mga kaibigan mong rich kid para bayaran to. Tapos sabihin mo na babayaran mo nalang pagkatapos. Kung wala kang kaibigan, tawagan mo parents mo. Kapag hindi nila ito binayaran, magpakulong ka nalang. Ang tanga mo. Syempre mas tanga ako kasi English yung nagtanong pero tinagalog ko."

Tumawa naman si Franki, kala naman naintindihan yung mga sinabi ko.

"Pero joke lang yun, I think the first thing you should really do is to apologise. If you can't tell your parents, just call your aunts or uncles. Then once you got home, explain to your parents what happened and expect bad feedbacks. But it's okay, it will pass. People make mistakes and no one is smart enough to reach perfection. We do stupid things every now and then, and that's what makes us human." Bawi ko.

Napapalakpak nalang si Franki while staring at me.

..

Franki's POV

I don't know but I feel like I'm listening to a speaking Goddess. Her love low pitched voice is driving me insane. How did she do that?.

Napatigil na ako sa pagstare sa kanya.

"O-oh yeah, that's really great Diana. You're amazing. Anyway, let's proceed to another question. Diana--"

Mahal ko ang pamilya ko. Napakarelihiyoso nilang lahat at pakiramdam ko niloloko ko sila sa paraang tinatago ko na may karelasyon akong babae. Alam kong magagalit sila, lalo na ang lolo ko at pwede itong ikasama sa kanya. What should I do?

Sa whole situation na sinabi ni Diana, all I understand is what should I do.

Diana is just silent. She seemed bothered about the question. What is it about ba?

"Diana, interpret it please."

"Ah oo. Uhm--she said her family's super religious but she felt like she's betraying them for hiding the fact that she's in a relationship with a girl."

"Hmm that's a tough one. Ikaw muna D."

"I don't think I could answer that question. I don't think I would ever--"

"Why?."

"Basta."

"Okay, so my opinion for that is slowly explain to these people that you're just in love that there's nothing wrong with it. If they won't accept it, don't force them to. Tell them that all you need is respect for your choice, that you have freedom. And even if they raised you, they have to know that you are not owned by them. You have the right to think and love, and it's not something they should control." I said that with all sincerity.

I've had some gay and bisexual friends before gaya ng sinabi ko and it was really fun to be around them. I truly enjoyed their company. Luckily, none of them especially gay women tried to take advantage of me and that's how I increased the rate of respect towards them.