Chapter 11

Diana's POV

"So, what do you think is this story all about guys? If you have any suggestions or ideas, you can comment down below. Looks like Teacher Diana here gave us a homework for today. Interesting right? Well me personally, I really love brain teasers so this is a great challenge. Hanggang sa muli! Mwah." End of vlog.

Nakahinga narin siya.

"Diana, seriously. What is this story all about?."

"It's yours to discover Franki. You see, learning Filipino is hard. But harder when you don't understand your first language more. I don't want you to just memorize everything. That's a poor learning strategy. So what you're going to do now is to think deeper about the things you know."

"You really love making people think, don't you?."

"Because that's my job. Being a tutor isn't an easy profession Franki. Well anyway, kumain ka na?."

"Yes I did, of course. Food is life haha."

"Bukas, we're gonna watch a Filipino movie."

"Now that's exciting! We could have a reaction video of that!."m

"Great idea. Sige, kasi magrereview pako for my tutoring sessions para bukas."

"Okay. I'll edit narin our video."

So I sat on my bed with the modules that I need to study for while Franki's on her bed editing.

Habang nag-aaral ako, hindi ko maiwasang mapatingin San kanya every now and then. Diana, ano ba? Kaibigan lang dapat diba? Wag nang tumingin.

Oo na, maganda siya. Pero off limits ang babaeng yan Diana. Hindi mo ba nakikita? She's Capital Straight.

Noong nag-eexplore pa ako about my sexuality, madalas akong nanonood ng videos sa YouTube about LGBTQ+ community and coming out. And when I was 13, I saw this blog online and it states:

[ Honestly? Love is a tricky matter. It's impossible to unlove someone once you do, but trying to pursue it will only cause hardship and heartbreak if their sexual orientation doesn't match up with your gender.]

And that happened to me. I was hopelessly in love with my straight female best friend that time and when I finally confessed my feelings, it only made everything complicated not to mention that it certainly ruined our long-term friendship.

[The hard part is knowing you love someone you can never actualize a relationship with, and the only thing you really can do is ask yourself if that is something you can cope with while still remaining friends with the other person.

Sometimes we can learn to be happy just having them in our lives, and sometimes we have no choice but to distance ourselves from the person to protect ourselves. Only you can gauge the impact of continuing to maintain a close friendship, and whether or not it would be beneficial to let them know that you are struggling with feelings for them, or if that would be detrimental or would cause a hostile reaction.

Romantic love complicates things, but it may not mean the end of the friendship if you approach it carefully. It isn't wrong to feel, just remember that - even if the feelings aren't returned, your feelings are real and they affect you and unless you address them and what this means for you, you may cause yourself unnecessary prolonged suffering. It happens to a lot of people, and in the end you will be okay, but make sure to not belittle yourself or your feelings, because they are important, and try not to fall pitfall to the idea that something is wrong with you because there isn't. It is simply an unfortunate situation without fault. Best wishes. ]

In my case, she acted really disgusted about the thought that I have feelings for her and that I wanted us to be in the next level. Good thing because after we broke apart, she still kept my secret. I know she's a good friend and I may have been a push over. That's why now, I've finally learned my lesson and let the straight girls be.

In love, we don't give up because we can't get them. We give up because they don't want us.

Straight girls aren't complicated beings, they just like guys and don't like girls. That's the simple rule of how they are wired gaya ng pinaliwanag sakin ni Mae.

It's five pm. Lumabas kami ni Franki, wearing shades, masks and caps. Naisipan niya kasing mag grocery at nagpapasama siya sakin.

At habang namimili sya ng bibilhing food, napatanaw sya dun sa isang lalaking parang galing pa ata ng gym na naghahanap naman energy drink. Yuck this guy is covered in sweat. Don't tell me ganyan yung mga type niya. Gross.

Lumipat na kami sa fruits and vegetables' section. May iba na namang lalaking kumuha sa attention ni Franki. This guy looks like an actor naman like a total hunk. Nag-abot ang mga tingin nila and they're smiling back at each other. Tsk. I just rolled my eyes.

Ano namang pakialam mo Diana? Franki's straight, malamang titingin yan sa mga lalaki. Umalis narin yung lalaki matapos niyang makakuha ng patatas.

Buti naman.

"Nakita mo yun? He smiled back. Gosh, he's so hooot." Sabi nito sakin na kilig na kilig pa.

"Yeah. Pwede na." Sabi ko lang.

"Pwede na? Diana, don't you see it? It's raining men today. And not just men, attractive men."

"Attractive men? Haha. Well, 10 percent. That's the number that you can potentially date."

"What do you mean?."

"90 percent of those guys are gay for sure haha so, don't get your hopes up Franki. Do you eat broccoli?."

"Yeah. Include it. Uhm I guess you have a point. Ikaw ba, what are you looking for in a guy? Do you want someone who's tall? Or maybe smart. You're smart. You should be searching for someone who is smart too right?."

"I already told you Franki. I'm not searching for someone to be with right now."

"Why?."

"Because I don't need one. I don't need someone to be happy. I'm in a relationself haha."

"Haha yeah right. But you seemed lonely."

"I'm not. I'm just really busy with work. You know, priorities."

"Okay fine. I won't force you to find a boyfriend anymore. Basta when you get one, ako ang una mong sasabihan ah?."

As if naman gusto kong magka boyfriend haha.

"Well Franki sweetheart, just expect the unexpected."