Two

Sometimes, you wondered whether the place you went to 5 days of the week was a university or a mental asylum. Today was one of those days, and the worst part about it was that you yourself were one of the people whose sanity you questioned profoundly.

And it was all thanks to him.

Trafalgar Law, the devil incarnate who had somehow made it his mission to turn your life into a living hell. It had been two weeks ever since your encounter with him after you'd gotten your tests back. Two weeks since that infuriatingly attractive bastard had turned you into a blushing, stuttering mess and then proceeded to leave you standing there like an idiot.
But that was in the past. From now on, you wouldn't let him get to you ever again.

Ok, who exactly were you trying to fool?

At the very least he'd left you alone since then, save for a few glances and smirks that had affected you more than you'd ever admit out loud. Even though procrastination and anxiety were two of your closest companions during examination period, you'd never been so grateful for said span of time before, because apparently, it made Law focus on studying instead of you.

But examination period also managed to transform pretty much all the students into hysteric lunatics, which brought your thoughts back to the present day. Since you were finding it increasingly hard to study at home (too many distractions) you'd decided to pay the library a visit earlier this day, but it had been packed all morning, making you begrudgingly take your stuff back home with you and at least try and get some work done (and not just spend the day binge-watching your favourite 90s Sitcom).

Now it was late afternoon, and you were once again visiting the library, now hoping for pure, pleasant peace and quiet.
As it turned out, you were indeed lucky – most of the other students who'd started out earlier in the day had left already, with only a few remaining, who were scattered all around the large hall.

Setting your stuff down on an empty table in a more secluded corner, you realized you'd forgotten to bring along your neurology textbook. Since you were in the main library, which housed quite a large collection of medical literature, you were sure there'd be another copy around for you to borrow. Since the place was mostly empty and all the present students were engrossed in their studying, you left your stuff, save your wallet and phone, back at your table while you navigated your way through the aisles.

Momentarily distracted by some noise in the background, your thoughts drifted back to the conversation you'd had with your friends a few days ago. You had been determined not to tell them about what had... happened? Not happened? Between Law and you, but the spawn of Satan (also known as Portgas D. Ace) had managed to expose you.

It was lunch, and as usual, all of you had been sitting together, talking about the events of the day. Ace and Luffy had just made their way over to you, and before they had even sat down, Ace had addressed you:

"Hey (Y/N)! You never did tell me what or who left you in that flustered state the other day!" All eyes were on you immediately. Oh, how you had wanted to wipe that shit-eating grin off Ace's face. But instead, you just settled for playing it cool.
"Oh, that? I was just so happy with my results of that test I was so excited about. Remember guys? I was so nervous about it for weeks."

Most of your friends had seemed satisfied with your answer, going back to bad-mouthing teachers or – in Luffy's case – wolfing down their food, but Nami and Robin had looked at you like they knew exactly what had really happened.
A blush and a roll of your eyes was all they got out of you, though.

What was it about raven-haired guys that made them the worst human beings to ever torment planet earth?

Willing your thoughts to return to the present, you had finally arrived at the bookshelf you'd been looking for – but when you managed to locate the book you needed, you begrudgingly discovered that it was located on one of the higher shelves, making it difficult to reach.
Ugh.