Four

You weren't an angry person, per se. In fact, you prided yourself on being a rational, collected and well put-together individual most of the time. Your ability to keep calm under pressure was something you'd received many compliments for over the years, and one of the reasons you'd decided to approach such a potentially nerve-wracking major as medicine.

Yes, there were times when you lost your confidence and needed a little pick-me-up, as well as people who managed to get on your nerves or upset you.

But hate wasn't an emotion you'd ever indulged in nor associated with your personality.
At least, not until now.

Never, not once, within the 20-something years of your life, had you lost control like this.

Never had someone managed to rile you up like this.

You buried your face in your pillow, screaming at the top of your lungs in hopes of releasing some of your pent-up anger.

"I HATE HIM!"

8 hours earlier...

"No need to introduce, Mugiwara-ya. We already know each other."

You didn't even know what to say. Your mind was wiped blank, your body moving on autopilot as you took your usual seat next to Nami, trying hard not to shiver.

You weren't afraid, oh no. Not for yourself, at least. You were holding on to any shred of sensibility left within your mind to not just snap and slap him across his stupid face.

Stupid handsome face.

Great. Apparently even your own brain was working against you. Could this day get any worse?! At least Law was busy with Luffy, who was excitedly telling him about something. Judging by Luffy's gesturing and the bored expression Law wore, it was most probably food-related.

"Oi, (Y/N), you look a little pale. Everything alright?"

Putting as much of your pent-up hatred in one gaze as possible, you turned around to face Ace, who proceeded to laugh straight in your face.

Calm down. Don't let him get to you. Don't rip his head off. Don't rip his head off. Don't-

"I'm fine, Ace, whatever are you talking about?" Your voice sounded so fake you almost didn't recognize it yourself.
"Oh, nothing in particular. Because there's nothing special about today, now is there?"

You couldn't believe the audacity of this guy. Was Law paying him?! Was there some sort of sick, twisted pact between the two of them that you didn't know about? Or was Ace just a closet sadist?!

Thankfully, Nami and Robin decided to chime in, coming to your aid.

"Ace, I think it would be better if you shut your mouth now. We wouldn't want you to accidentally get hurt, now, would we?" Nami said, her tone seemingly sweet despite the obvious threat she'd just uttered.
Apparently, Ace got the message, going back to eating his lunch while muttering a resignated "You're no fun" under his breath.

Meanwhile, Sanji was close to passing out, having suffered a minor nosebleed. "Nami-swaaaaan, you're so alluring when you're angry!" Zoro quickly shut him up, however, and the usual insult-contest between the two of them started.

"Hey, (Y/N), how about we cut lunch short and get out of here?" Nami whispered in your ear, and you were sure you had never appreciated her as much as right then and there. You'd lost your appetite anyway, and any second spent longer than necessary at that table was a potential opportunity for Law to catch you off-guard yet again.

With a way too enthusiastic nod, the two of you as well as Robin stood up, excused yourselves and made your way out of the cafeteria. Though it made you feel weak and pathetic as hell, you kept your head down the entire time, afraid of what to expect should you dare to look Law straight in the eye once more.