Five

Warnings: Some Language, Some suggestive Themes.

You had many reasons for disliking semester opening parties.

Every 6 months, they'd take place and each one you'd went to in the past had ended in complete and utter chaos.

One time, some idiot had started a fist-fight, and the evening had ended  with the cops shutting down the party. Another time, another idiot hat  cheated on his girlfriend, but she had found out and had lit his car on  fire, causing a stampede.

And last semester? Let's just say you couldn't remember because you'd gotten very, very drunk.

You may have also tried to throw yourself at Ace's older brother Marco, who'd been one of your lecturers at the time. Thank god Marco had been  discreet about the whole thing and Ace hadn't found out, otherwise you wouldn't have ever heard the end of it.

Naturally, you were expecting a disaster of similar proportions to happen tonight. The last few days had gone by all too fast, and now, you felt like you hadn't properly mentally prepared yourself for the party.

Truth be told, you had no idea what to expect. But ever since that fateful day you ran into Law at the café, you were clueless about... well, pretty  much everything, really.

Before, describing the weird relationship between the two of you had been easy. Yes, it had taken you some time to admit that you were attracted to him, but all in all, you'd always known there was some... tension whenever the two of  you were alone. But it had been purely physical, since you'd held an  immensely strong dislike for his character.

Now, after you'd seen such a different side of him, a softer, less controlling, less demanding side, you weren't so sure anymore. Until now, you'd known how to face him (although he'd thrown you off guard pretty much everytime). Now, you didn't really know what to do or say should the two of you happen to cross paths tonight.

Your friends had noticed your weird behavior whenever he was with you at  lunch, but had decided not to ask you about it, for which you were  grateful. You weren't even able to make sense of your feelings – how in the hell were you supposed to explain them to someone else, then?!

You'd contemplated talking to Nami again, since her advice had helped you  before, but had eventually decided against it. For reasons you couldn't  quite explain, it felt... wrong even thinking about telling others about the private stuff you and Law had talked about.

Yes, you still didn't know him all that well, and it would be naïve to trust  him. Yet you couldn't shake the feeling that he hadn't told anyone else about your conversation, either.

But then again, he was still Law – the arrogant, narcissistic prick who you'd sworn to hate forever. Right?

Right?!

You sighed. Racking your head wasn't going to get you anywhere. Maybe, Nami  had been right. Maybe you'd just have to take things as they come.

Taking one last look in the mirror, you decided you didn't look half bad. And since Ace had surprisingly offered to drive (probably the first and only time he acted responsible), you wouldn't have to worry about how you'd be getting home later.

You were also free to get utterly hammered, if you so desired. Not that you planned on doing that. Not at all.

At the party...

Ok, now that you were here, you could finally admit to yourself: You were really, really nervous. Terrified, even.

You didn't know what you'd say should Law corner you again. You didn't know if you wanted him to corner you again, or if you just wanted to run back home, eat a bucket of ice cream and act like everything was fine.