Coral Rose Epilogue: That Dream From That Morning

🌹Coral Rose Epilogue: That Dream From That Morning

Prince was still trying to catch that butterfly he saw in the woods. He wanted everyone to see its strange pattern. He was kind of surprised when he didn't hear anyone shouting after him. He didn't hear much from them, actually. He was hoping the others had followed him, but...

He paused. He looked around, seeing only trees around him, with the butterfly now gone. Squit, he'd gotten lost. And now he had no way back to the others. Should he stay where he was and pray the others would find him? Should he actively try to look for them?

Well, the least he could do was make SOME effort. He tried to retrace his steps back. He knew he had come here through a few trees, but he just had to keep walking. He tried to see if he had left any noticeable tracks in the ground. Unfortunately, the twigs and leaves on the ground had made that harder to do.

Prince found himself soon walking along the side of a tall, steep hill after much wandering. He didn't know how he got here, as he was doing his best to simply walk back to the others. He stared out across the forest. He saw many trees, but there seemed to be a line of trees where...there were none. It was a path that weaved through the place, though it kind of seemingly came from the opposite side of...Wait a second, he knew what that was!

That was Omnoir's trail from when he left the mansion! If it led to inkopolis, he could use that to rejoin the squidbeak! That is, assuming they hadn't left or something already. He began running alongside the trail, keeping an eye on the destroyed path. He had a way back! And so quickly, too...

However, he wasn't looking where he was going, and slipped on some fallen leaves. He landed on the hill and began rolling down it, gaining speed as he went. Everything around him was a blur, and whenever he tried to stop himself, he only managed to slow himself a bit before starting again. As he kept rolling, he began to get dizzier and dizzier. He just shut his eyes as he rolled, now afraid that the squidbeak would never find him.

Eventually, he reached the bottom area. There was an incoming tree, but he couldn't see it because he had his eyes shut. He couldn't stop himself either, as he was already getting sick from rolling. His head hit the tree trunk, and he blacked out. He felt nothing from there.

...

...

Prince woke up.

He was in a field of red flowers.

Just like that dream he had before their Galaxika mission.

But...

What did it mean?

-----

(Sympathy is actually kindness and is not the same as Empathy, but this was the closest I could get

(Sympathy is actually kindness and is not the same as Empathy, but this was the closest I could get. Empathy means understanding of what someone has gone through, but sympathy is the actual concern shown for it. Prince is not the sympathy trait (someone else is), but I saw no flowers for empathy.)