Prologue VII: Knocking Once More

🌱Prologue VII: Knocking Once More

The squidbeak were still walking at the moment. They hadn't heard sounds of snarling or fighting, so it could mean one of two things. The two were dead, or the wolf fish had left. They picked up the pace as they walked, with Nana struggling to catch up. As they neared the upcoming area however, all of them halted abruptly, causing Nana to crash into Goggles and nearly topple into Hachi.

"Sorry, sorry, what is it?" Nana asked worriedly.

Rider didn't turn around, so Nana took it upon herself to run up and see for herself. As she gently pushed Emperor and Prince to the side to get to the scene, she froze.

Whisper and Angus were both on the ground, scars and injuries covering their body. From this distance, nobody could tell if they were breathing or not. Without another word, Nana ran over to them, but paused a few feet away.

"Are you two okay?" she asked, almost desperately.

Whisper slowly opened her eyes and looked up, as well as Angus.

"Yes, we are. We scared the last two wolf fish away...but...as you can see clearly, we have been heavily wounded in exchange," she replied quietly.

"Can...can you move?" Prince asked, now approaching the group.

"No..." Angus grumbled.

Nana began looking around the area for anything she could use, and eventually landed on some leaves that she used to cover up some of the wounds. The duo let her as the rest of the squidbeak approached.

"We won't be able to take you there, but we know the way," Whisper said with a small smile.

"Well then, let's hear it!" Gloves exclaimed readily.

"Follow the path back until you find a massive ravine lined with rocks. From there, follow a path of trees containing vines on them until you reach a trail with small flowers on it. Continue down that path, and you should find yourselves at the gates of the garden."

"Thanks Whisper," Hachi said. "I sincerely hope you get better."

"Same here," Goggles added. "Rest up."

"Woah woah woah, we're just going to let them LAY HERE where they could get EATEN?" Gloves shouted suddenly.

"Well, we could dress them like peasants to camouflage them..." Emperor muttered, raising an eyebrow.

"Or, yknow, just use sticks and leaves and stuff to cover them," Rider mumbled.

"Well, it's a good idea and it would at least hide them, so let's give it a shot," Nana said.

The squidbeak got to quickly covering the duo up so that they could continue to Takomorika's garden. They plucked a few leaves from trees, and snapped off twig pieces from branches. In about a minute or two, the duo was covered except for some small spaces used for breathing.

"Alright, let's go then," Rider said as him and the squidbeak left the area.

Nana followed behind them shortly afterwards after glancing back at the pile. She sure hoped the two would be alright...

"Wait."

Nana paused and turned around to the pile of leaves and twigs. Whisper's head stuck out from under a leaf, smiling.

"Good luck," she said.

Nana nodded back with a smile, then ran to join the squidbeak. Rider made sure everyone was present before they began their walk. When he counted everyone was there, he turned around towards the direction of the path.

"Well everyone."

"Let's get going."