Prologue II: Once Again, We've Returned

🌱Prologue II: Once Again, We've Returned

Emperor had gone into a panic upon realizing Prince had left him. He didn't think Prince would actually chase a BUTTERFLY of all things THAT FAR. Even though he had only been paying partial attention, he knew he heard Prince say something about not going too far. Dear cod, what if the butterfly had carried him away, or hypnotized him into following him?! Or worse, what if it had EATEN HIM?!

Emperor realized that he needed to take a breather. His brother could handle this, it would be fine. Nana and Rider were going over everyone to make sure they all were present, and you can definitely bet that they were SCARED when they saw that Prince was missing. They had already lost a teammate before the mission had even begun! What kind of a hero group WERE they?!

They turned to Emperor, and saw that he was taking in several breaths to calm down. They exchanged glances and sighed, asking everyone to look around for him. Once everyone else noticed that Prince was gone, they began their search. They checked behind nearby buildings and even asked a few people nearby if they had seen a small yellow inkling, but they got nothing. They returned back to the group empty handed.

"Emperor, are you sure you don't know where he is?" Hachi asked.

Emperor thought as best he could. He said not too far, but he had gone, and...come on. Where did butterflies usually go? Think...think...flowers, right? So maybe a florist-no, there weren't any nearby that they had passed. Oh, what about the forest path that him and Prince had walked earlier? That might-

Wait.

Had Prince actually-

The more Emperor thought about it, the more he realized...

"No, he said he was going into the forest, so I guess that's where we have to go. He said he wouldn't go far, but I have a feeling he's gone too far anyway" Emperor mumbled.

"Well then what are we waiting for?! Let's go save our friend!" Gloves exclaimed.

So with that, all of the squidbeak set off on the path into the forest, going right instead of left this time. Hopefully they wouldn't lose each other like they had done before.

For now, they could only hope that Prince wasn't being chased or eaten or attacked at the moment, and continue on.