💜sun sets by Alliag

[Tick]

~the night before~

A nice nostalgic feel swept over him as he just stood back and watched as the sun slowly set into the horizon. He looked down at the water below him, his wavering reflection stared back at him.

There wasn't much to say, well to him at least as he stared off to the kingdom now slowly fading into the same horizon as the boat he was taking took him further and further away.

He finally gets the weird saying that has been going around a bit since the quote on quote beginning, 'the sun, sets by the province' Alliag's travelers and old locals would say. The brunette never got the quote until now when he really thinks about it.

looking at the main kingdom in this angle made him notice how the sun looks like it does set into the province, maybe that's why it's called the Sunset province aswell. He found it odd that he only figured it now, as the sky was painted hues of pinks oranges purples and blues, it reminds him of his childhood a bit.

'when the sun gets tired of all its hard work. the sun goes to this cottage near this very lake'

'but why here mama?'

'one of these days A..i should take you down by the lake by sundown, trust me you'll love it'

'will I see why the sun takes a break here?'

'of course'

A6d didn't notice he was fondly smiling into the horizon until a certain voice brought him back to the present.

"hey, A6d- you okay there?"

"huh? oh uh yeah, just spaced out"

"uhuh, what are you thinking about?"

despite the taller boy wearing a white mask which barely expresses emotions, the sorcerer had a feeling that the mage beside him had a smug look and a shit-eating grin on his face, practically teasing him.

"Nothing much"

"alright baguette boy, you sure it isn't any girl back in the province?"

"If you count my mother, then yes"

"oh- how is she?"

"From what I know she's doing alright"

after that was said the two of them fell into a comfortable silence, neither of them knew what to say to each other afterward though the silence didn't last that long.

"hey dream"

"yeah?"

"You never told us why you wear that mask"

A6d almost winced when he saw Dream nervously shift and look to the side, yikes. Thought it wasn't his intention he didn't mean to be that blunt, maybe he'll touch the subject some other time.

"I'll tell you all when I feel like it, you'll understand"

the brunette only nodded before moving to the sleeping chambers below the boat as the sky become darker.

Under a dim lamplight the sorcerer reached into his cloak's pocket and pulled out a now crumpled letter that has been given mysteriously given to him.

After reading it eventually he too fell asleep dreaming of a vague pink starry void and a pitch black monster with multiple eyes.

...
For the shadows no longer rest
Theyve always watched with different eyes
Can you gather all their lies?
...
▪°°•••°°°▪°▪°••••▪▪▪°°

[Tock]